"I reject my humanity, JoJo!" - Dio Brando (Dio Burandō, ディオ・ブランドー)
Vampire Masks are items that gives the abilities of a Vampire. The Vampire Mask first appeared in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood. They are featured in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency as well.
When used, they deploy several spikes that pierce several points of the user's brain, soon turning them into a vampire. The spikes would deploy on the brain if it came in contact with blood. This item is obtainable by killing DIO, Dio Brando, or from Trowels, and cannot despawn or be bought in the shop.
Vampire Masks are grey, stone masks that bear basic facial features (eyes, nose, mouth) with the addition of a swirl pattern on the top right of it and a pair of small fangs/sharp teeth beneath the upper lip of the mask's mouth. The mask has spikes protruding from the sides. These spikes are used to be stabbed into the user.
- It can turn "Standless" or any stand which can't be made into a "Vampiric" form, (any stand not listed below) into Vampire. However, it can also turn people who already have abilities into Vampires as well. (It does, however, remove the stand/spec ability.)
- Can turn The World into Vampiric The World.
- Can turn Retro The World into The World Greatest High.
- When a Stone Mask is used on Vampire you will gain either Santana (15/18 [83.3%] chance), Kars (1/18[5.56%]chance) or Wamuu which is a 2/18 [11.1%] chance.
- When using a Trowel, there is a 1.875% chance of getting a Vampire Mask.
- DIO has a 100% chance of dropping a mask when killed.
- Dio Brando has a 1/30 (or 3.3333...%) chance of dropping a mask when killed.
(Any Ability + Vampire Mask) - Vampire
By using a Vampire Mask, you will receive the Vampire spec, an opposite type of ability as Hamon. It has the power of a Vampire from the JJBA Anime/Manga series. This will also replace your stand if it doesn't have a vampiric evolution.
The player pulls out The Vampire Mask and holds it up to the air. The player then forcefully shoves the Vampire Mask into the user's face. Instantly, The World will ascend into its Vampiric form, granting the player: Vampiric The World. You can obtain this stand's shiny: The World Greatest High by using a Vampire Mask on Retro The World, the shiny counterpart of The World.
To get this spec, you must use a Vampire Mask with the Vampire spec with a 15/18 chance (83.333%) of obtaining it.
To get this spec, you must use a Vampire Mask with the Vampire spec with a 1/18 (5.56%) chance of obtaining it.
To get this spec, you must use a Vampire Mask with the Vampire spec with a 2/18 (11.11%) chance of obtaining it.
- Originally, before DIO was added in A Bizarre Day, Stone Masks were able to spawn every 10 minutes with a 1/5 chance and despawned every 5 minutes. For a short period after DIO was added, they would still spawn, but shortly after, it was removed from being able to be spawned. Thus, making Kars rise in rarity.
- Its canon name is the "Stone Mask", but is referred to commonly as the “Vampire Mask" due to its most known function being that of turning users of the mask into vampires.
- The Vampire spec was previously sold for $60,000.
- When hovering your cursor over it in your inventory it says, "Reject your humanity!". This is a reference to the scene where Dio rejected his humanity to become a vampire in JoJo Part 1: Phantom Blood.
- The Vampire Mask is one of the most used items in A Bizarre Day (ABD) from being used to get some of the most sought for stands/specs in the game.