- 1 "It happened again...Just now it felt as though someone was watching me..." - DIO, Part 3 (DIO, ディオ)
"It happened again...Just now it felt as though someone was watching me..." - DIO, Part 3 (DIO, ディオ)
Dark Light The World, often shortened and commonly referred to as DLTW, is the non-canonical shiny of Shadow The World.
Although this stand does not have great durability, it can do a lot of damage/be very effective if utilized correctly and the combos are executed correctly.
Note: Movesets are complicated and not easy to learn for beginners.
Dark Light The World has a humanoid build, with neon material covering the outer layer of the body, representing a dark light, as the name states.
Its appearance is based on the silhouette of The World; however, instead of being white/yellow, like lights generally are, it has dark vibes and is more reminiscent of a ghost. It wears a headpiece covering its face to below the place of its nose, slanting at a steep angle from the base of its forehead to a peak situated above the rear of its head by about half its height, leaving the face of an inverted triangle visible to the front; somewhat similar to the Red Crown Of Egypt.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|You regenerate 2% of your health per second and also have a passive walk speed boost from 16 to 18.|
|The player jabs the opponent at an extremely fast rate only dealing pitiful damage. On the bright side, the attack stuns slightly and slows the opponent down. This is good for making sure your opponent doesn't escape your combos. The animation for this attack is a reference to DIO/Shadow DIO's low jab from Heritage for the Future.|
|The user quickly throws two pairs of knives that do 12.5 damage each with a cooldown of around 5 seconds. This move is pretty good if you want to chip away an opponent's health. Try using this when your enemy is far away.
Note: you cannot move while using this ability. Do also note that this move can also be used during Timestop, however, stand mode has to be switched (Z button) between on (Timestop) and off (Knife Volley) in order to successfully execute this combo.
|From out of nowhere, the player does a very fast punch that deals moderate damage and knocks the enemy backward a good distance. Unlike Heritage, this can hit grounded people. While being with Stand mode and switching to False, the user will have 1 second cooldown for this move.|
|While in air, the player quickly dashes forwards, punching the first enemy that they come in contact with while at the same time knocking them back and dealing moderate damage. This is one of the most important moves in Dark Light The World's gameplan, as you can combo it with almost every other move, such as F.|
|The user grunts and kicks the enemy doing knockback into the air (which can allow air combos). If used right, this can turn into a time stop combo.|
|The player covers their eyes for a few seconds, channeling pressurized fluid into their eyes. Soon after, they bend back and fire two fast laser-like projectiles from their eyes which pierce the opponent and deal great damage. However, if the move is charged, they will instead fire two red laser-like projectiles that deal superior damage on contact. (Using this during time stop will trick the game into thinking the laser is constantly touching the player and will multiply damage over time dealing lethal damage)||
|The player tilts back and then performs a powerful arching swing forwards, dealing incredible damage. This move can be canceled when someone hits you while you are looking up. but you still block the damage. Therefore you won't get ragdolled.|
|The player pushes themselves off the ground, traveling a good distance forwards. This dash is similar to Kars and Vampire's dash move.|
|The user lays down and releases a white ball of light, stunning and damaging everybody near its area of effect. The user screams Dio's infamous warcry WRYYYYY while doing it as well.
Note: The bubble may be small, but the hitbox can be bigger. Also can bypass counters such as AYRTTSM? Epitaph And Prime Number Counting.
|Plunge your arm into your foe and take their blood (while doing a pose) for your own while also dealing and healing a great amount, specifically healing 30 damage. Then you will throw the opponent. During this, you will yell "Jitsuni Nazimuzo!(It really suits me!)” This move is also shared with vampires and Vampiric The World, and similar to Kars' healing ability as well. You cannot move during this bloodsuck when it successfully hits, unlike other bloodsucks. This move can cancel barrages.|
|Do a roll that most stands/specs can do.
Note: You can only use the roll ability if you have Stand Mode off.
|Stand mode can be enabled/disabled by pressing either Z or Left Ctrl. By toggling stand mode on and off, the user can switch between the stand's different movesets. The moves listed below can only be used while stand mode is active. The moves above can't be used while Stand mode is active. Blocking is only usable while Stand mode is active and you can't roll while Stand mode is active.|
|Dark Light the World will manifest and it will punch the enemy doing light damage. This move has low cooldown, making it spammable.|
|Dark Light The World will temporarily manifest and will do a lighty uppercut that deals great damage and stuns the opponent. (İf you are close to the enemy you have a chance to punch 2 times) This could've been inspired by the stomach punch from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future. With V, this can allow surprise attacks.|
|Dark Light The World temporarily manifests once more and will punch the target three times, each punch dealing great damage with great speed by timestopping between the punches, making it goes faster. It will have a similar attack to The World: Alternate World's E move, but weaker, with less damage, and no knockback.|
|Stops time for 2 seconds, but in return, the move will have a lower cooldown of about 25 seconds. The user can also throw multiple knives using Q while in stopped time (Stand mode must be toggled off). However, unlike other time stops, this one occurs almost instantly, with a small animation beforehand and with the OVA Quote.|
|This skill is a countermove, Once pressed, you will immediately start reading a book (Possibly the model of Dio's Diary) And in your other hand, you will holster a glass of wine. If you are touched while this skill is in effect, you will stop time and you will teleport behind their back. You can hit them when you teleport and you can also move. Rarely, this ability can bug slightly and the ragdoll effect of an attack can still affect you. You can also attack while this active with E or R like the Shadow Block Glitch.
Note: This does not work on projectiles like knives or gunshots, Gold Experience Requiem and Samurai Petal Clave. It doesn’t work on Over Heaven overwrite. However, SPSO's spear and SPs Iggy throw are countered, strangely.
|Teleport to where your cursor it has a range of around 50 studs. You can use this to dodge the Road Roller explosion. This move can allow for sudden attacks and different combos for this stand. With the new map, this ability can also help the user instantly teleport to the roof of a building. Do note that after using this, Light Uppercut will be given an extra second of cooldown.|
Please hit "expand" to see a list of Match-Ups.
The World: Over Heaven
You have a big advantage here, since TW:OH is almost the exact same as SP:OH. But TW:OH has lots of health due to its durability being S making it very tanky use your projectiles to zone out the TW:OH and try to avoid going into close range combat the only thing you should watch out for is TW:OH knives as they do alot of damage especially if the enemy is at low hp. Also watch out for TW:OH H move since it is moveable.
Star Platinum: Over Heaven
You are in the advantage here, your speed will completely out class SP:OH. However, SP:OH is tanky and also a heavy hitter, so try and not to engage in close combat too much.
Very even match up, Kars wins at the health and damage department, while you win at the movement and range department. Kars is a very close ranged spec with only 1 projectile that is very hard to hit, try and zone the Kars out with projectiles and try to not get too close as they will shred you with their barrage. Because Kars only has one projectile move, they usually falls in Dark Light The World's counter move. Again, try not to engage in close quarters/combat too much.
A pretty even match up. Dark Light the World's and King Crimson's durability is low, D and E respectively. Do watch out for the R Chop Move and the Y High Kick move of King Crimson, as it ragdolls you and leaves you defenseless due to your low durability. However, King Crimson has no ranged moves, so use that to your advantage and be sure not to get too close. And because King Crimson doesn't have any range move, they won't attack you while you are using the counter move.
Pretty much the same as Kars, However Samurai does have the advantage of being slightly faster than you. Most Samurais run and hit Players so when a Samurai gets too close try to use the F move (Stand Off) which allows you to ragdoll the Samurai and use combos. When the samurai is running, try to gain distance and use your ranged moves, however this can be punished because Samurai has One ranged move very similar to Kars' ranged move. When the Samurai does the dash move (F move for Samurai) try to Dodge (C key) or dash (V key) in order to dodge it. Try to use the dash/teleport and Counters frequently and also try to hide in obstacles in order to cut sight from the Samurai seeing your timestop pose.
Please hit "expand" to see a list of combos.
STAND OFF SPACE+E+B+Q+F STAND ON F+R
- STAND ON F+Z+T (Don't hold)+Q+Z+(E Optional Use it for stands with A in durability or higher.) When you use the timestop press t right away as it makes it faster also press E when you are doing the knife animation as it is not possible to do the E after the animation
- STAND ON/OFF B+Z+R+E+F+Z+T+Q Hard (Instant kill) (EDIT: Time stop is no longer instant, so try doing it without the time stop, you can continue using it if you want max damage though)
- STAND ON H+R+E+Z+Q+Y+T (No Hold)+B (If Needed) Medium/Hard
- STAND ON F+Z+E+R+B+F+Q Medium/Hard
- STAND ON F+Z+T+Q
- STAND ON F+Z+Q+F Easy
- STAND ON F + Z + Q + B + Z + E Medium
- STAND OFF LMB + E + STAND MODE ON E + V + R + STAND MODE OFF LMB + F + Q + SPACE + E + STAND MODE ON E (Intermediate)
- STAND OFF B + spam R + C + space + E + Z + F + Z + T (uncharged) + Q. (Overkill) Medium/Hard
- STAND ON F + STANDOFF SPAM Q
- STAND ON V+E+Z+Q+T+SPACE+E+Q+T+Z+V+E+Z+SPACE+E+Z+V+Y+Z+E+Z+Q+T Very Hard
- STAND ON F + R STANDOFF T + Q (One-shots almost every stand and must be done fast) Hard
- STANDOFF B STAND ON E + V (If far away) R
- STANDOFF E STAND ON E Easy
- STANDOFF F STAND ON V + E
- STAND OFF Z + R + E + STAND ON Z + F + Z + Q Medium
- STAND OFF Space + V + E STAND ON Z + E (Medium surprise attack move) Hard
- STAND OFF Space + E + STAND ON Z + E (this mean surprise attack move) Medium/Hard
- STAND ON + F + STAND OFF + Q + R Basic
- (Stand on start) F + Z + Q + Z + R + E Medium/Hard
- LMB + LMB + E Easy
- Stand Mode off: F + Z + E (should attack as you lean back) + F + Z + Q Very Hard
- R + Space + E + B Easy
- B + T + Q (You have to time this correctly for maximum damage) (Not always consistent) Easy/Medium
- B + R + T (More consistent) Easy
- LMB + R + "space + E" Easy
- B + Q/T/F (+ Q) Easy
- STAND ON F + Z + Q + Z + F The Ender
- (OFF: F + Z) Q + Y Easy
- R + C + E Easy
- E + R + Q Easy
- (R + E) - (Can be used for both forms) Easy
- F + B + Q Easy
- F + Q + R + E (Aerial) Medium
- R + E + C + B + Q Medium
- R + E + F + Q Medium
- E + B + F + R Medium
- R + F + Q Medium
- E (in air) + Q + V (to them) + R + T Hard
- B + F + V + R + E Hard
- Z (Stand Mode On) + F + Z (Stand Mode Off) + Q + F + F + E (Aerial) Very Hard
- (Stand mode off) R + Z (Stand mode on) + R + Z + E + Z + E + Z (Stand mode off) + T/Q Very Hard
- STAND OFF Space+V STAND ON E/R Hard
- STAND OFF R+LMB STAND ON R Medium
- STAND OFF F + STAND OFF T Easy
- STAND OFF B + R + F High / Medium Damage - Easy
- STAND ON F + Z + T + Q EASY (very powerful) here
- STAND ON E + R + stand off E + R + stand on E + R + stand off + F HARD
- Stand Off + R + C + LMB + E + Stand On + V + E Hard
- Stand Off + F + Stand On + E Easy
- Stand On + F + Stand Off (Z) + Q + Y + Stand On (Z) + E + R + Stand Off (Z) + T (UnCharged) Hard/Medium
- Stand On + F + Z + B + Y (Godly Blood Suck i call it.) Easy/Kinda Complicated
- STAND ON F + STAND OFF Q + STAND OFF F + (Stand Off T Uncharged) Medium/Hard
- Stand Off + Click + R + Air kick (e on air) + F + Q Medium
- (Stand Off.) R + Space + E + B + R + T (Uncharged) + Z +V (Teleport behind if he didn't leave.) + E + R + Z + F Hard
- (Stand ON) X + LMB Multiple Times (You can do LMB while blocking and you stay in your "blocking" state) Easy
- E + R + Q Easy
- (Stand On)F + (Stand off)Q + (Stand On) R + E +(Stand Off)B + (Stand Mode)R Medium/Hard
- (Stand On) R (Stand off) R + (Aerial) E + (Stand On) E [Optional: (Stand Off) Q Medium
- (Stand on) F + (Stand off) T + Q OP and Easy
- (Stand mode off) Jump + V + E (you can use shift lock to change direction when you aerial punch after dashing. Great for catching up to opponents. Don't overshoot the aerial punch.)
- (Stand off)B + ZE + ZF + T (Uncharged) + F (Hard) (Great for when you're fighting stands with a lot of durabilities if you can do it all in time).
- (Stand Off) E(Aerial)+E(Stand on)+V(To them)+R(Stand On)+R(Stand off) *Note:R(Stand off) must be activated while R(Stand On) is activating. Hard/Medium
- (Stand off) F+E(Stand On). Easy
- (Stand Off) Jump+V+E(Hit them)+C+V(Stand On)+E+Q(Stand off). Great for catching and treating them like a ping pong ball.
- (Stand On) H+E/R. Easy and good for catching opponents off guard.
- (Stand Off) B+R(while the bloodsuck animation is still in play) + Aerial E (Medium/hard, but heals you up and deals above average damage. Must time the Aerial E correctly).
- (Stand On) LMB + LMB + E + F + Z (Stand Off) + Q + R (finish off with a simple T or with a flashy Y.)
- (Stand Off) F (intentionally miss your target) + Aerial E (Hit behind your target)+(optional) ( Stand Off) R
- (Stand Off) B + F + Z (Stand On) E + R + H + Z (Stand Off) E (Aerial) + R. Hard
- STAND OFF B + F > Q + T (">" means combo cancelling, the next attack can be performed without animation delay)
- (stand off) E^ (aerial) R + B + F + T + Q. use this to see how. here
- [STAND ON] F, [OFF] Q, F jump + E, [ON] V (to target) R (Hard)
- [STAND OFF] B, T (hold), [ON] F, release T, [OFF] Q, [ON] E (Hard)
- (Stand Off)C+Space(Quickly)+E. Easy.
- STANDOFF| SPACE+E+R+Z+E+Z+(F+Z+E | DO QUICKLY)+Z+T+Q Transcendent
- STANDON| F+E+R+Q+Y Hardcore
- STAND OFF F (Wait upon impact) + Z + E (Easy)
- STAND ON, F, STANDOFF, E + R + Q (Easy)
- STANDOFF, LMB, R, Wait for a split second, Mid-air E, STAND ON (Z), E.
- STANDOFF, F, STAND ON, E, STANDOFF E in air, R. (can be looped) Medium.
- (Stand Off) E-R-T (Easy)
- (Stand Off) B + Spam Y + V
- (Stand Off) V + R + Q (Easy)
- (Stand Off) R + Space + E + Q + F + R + Space + E + Q (Medium/Spammable)
- (Stand On) F+E+R+Z+Q (Quickly) (Hard)
- (Stand On) E+Z+Space+E+C+R+(optional F)+Q (Medium)
- (Stand On) E+Z+Space+E+C+R+F(if landed the F then roll, then proceed to do the rest of the combo)+Space+E+Q (Hard)
- (Stand Mode Off) Space+E+V+R+F+Z+V+E (stun lock combo)
- (Stand Mode Off) B+R+Q+T (Easy)
- (Stand Mode Off) Space + E + Z + R + E + Z + Q (Medium)
- (Stand Mode Off) Space + E + Z + E (Easy)
- (Stand Mode Off) B+Z+R+E+F+Z+Q+R (Medium)
- (Stand Mode On) F+R+E(Stand Mode Off)F+Q+T(Stand Mode On)V+R+E(HARD)
- (Stand Mode off) Q+F+Z+E (Warm up) (Easy)
- (Stand Mode On) F+Z+Q+V+B+Z+R (Medium, must do quickly)
- (SM OFF)E+T+R+Q+ZV(TP to enemy)+R+E+F+ZT(Charge up a bit)(Timestop ends)+F+Q+C/V+B+R+T (Overkill, Hard)
- (Stand Mode On) R+z+Q+z+E+z+[SPACE E]
- Stand mode on, R+Z+R+E(do r 1st so that it does dmg b4 knockback)+Z+F+Q+F+Q+R+E+T+F+Z+RZ+R+E+SPACE+E+Z+R+E+Q+F+T+SPACE+E(doesnt have to impact, just for mobility)+Y+Z+E+V+B+Z+R+E+Z+F+P+Do an epic voiceline.(cursed,overkill)
- (Stand Mode OFF) Space + V + E (Easy)
Pros and Cons:
- Great damage output.
- Outstanding combo potential. Probably the best in the game itself.
- Great ranged attacks.
- Very viable.
- Very good mobility.
- Unpredictable if used well.
- Has a counter.
- Stand and the user can work very well together.
- Aerial attack is very useful.
- Shortest time stop.
- Hard to master.
- Can't move when using ranged attacks.
- Doesn't have a stand jump to avoid time stops.
- High cooldowns.
- Low Durability.
- The animation lasts longer than the stopped time.
- Getting nerfed a lot.
- Voice lines: DLTW's voice lines are: ..."You are Watching me?!", and, "You are next.", which are direct sentences spoken from Shadow Dio in HFTF. (You can do those voice lines by pressing N)
- When the user dies, it will yell: "EAGHH...EAGHH...EAGHH...EAGHH...", as a death sound, which is the death sound of Shadow Dio in HFTF as well.
- In the past when performing the menacing pose, the user will start to play the Theme Song for Shadow DIO from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future but the song has been removed because of the latest updates. (but in the last update in 06/19/2020 the pose songs came back, including this)
- Unlike most stands, DLTW's pose is activated with P and not G, this was probably done to prevent missing a certain key since when you pose, it takes a long time to stop posing, so if you accidentally pose during a fight, you already as good as lost the battle. This, however, sometimes make new DLTW users confused, similar to the Q not bringing the stand out.
- When posing, the user will gain a star-shaped particle effect on their shoulder, representing the Joestar birthmark. Also representing DIO's pose in the picture from Part 3 of the Anime: Stardust Crusaders.
- While posing, the user sits on a chair. In the back of this chair, there used to be something written on it, which was the following sentence; "this isn't a free model I swear". It was eventually removed.
- The old model for DLTW was like The World's. However, it is more slant back, and more transparent.
- Oddly enough, despite it's countering name ("Are you really trying to shoot me?!"), doesn't counter any bullet projectile.
- This stand is passive, meaning you don’t bring it out with Q like other stands.
- The Camera upgrade was a reference to Hermit Purple, ''watching'', Dio through a TV. Another reference was that Hermit Purple could only be activated when a camera is destroyed. This can be seen in the anime and the manga.
- It is revealed that in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, DIO obtained this stand from being struck with Enya the Hag’s bow and arrow.
- This stand has been made more off of Shadow DIO and not really focussed on the Silhouette of The World anymore. (It still has a role, but a smaller one.)
- DLTW also has pain grunts for being hit. This is also the first stand to introduce pain grunts without being killed first. (NOTE: Due to a few updates, this has been changed to ragdolling instead of being hit/hurt, so basically, when you get hit, you don't grunt. However, when you get ragdolled you grunt.)
- The Light Combo has the name, "World 21" in Heritage for the Future (which is also a reference to the tarot cards from the anime), due to it also punching 3 times, and also getting a bit more range with every hit (or punch actually).
- "Are you really trying to shoot me?", has a much shorter name in HFTF, that being, "Scales of Horror".
- Dark Light The World's Voicelines are Distorted versions of Dio's voice because in Heritage for the Future, Shadow Dio had a distorted voice as well because that would add a said, "Mystery" Effect. (This worked great back in the day, but by today's standards, this sounds really janky and funny.)
- When in D4C's alternative dimension, you can see that the head is green. The head will also become green during Made in Heaven's Time Acceleration ability. The reason is unknown, but it's assumed to (probably) be for Neon material decoration.
- Like many other stands, Dark Light The World is often shortened to DLTW because of how long the actual stand name is.
- It’s fighting style is similar to that of HFTF, where you must create a combo to do great damage.
- In HFTF, the Y move (Charisma) will have vampiric spores coming out of DIO's hair. However, in-game, this is not the case, as it's a white bubble with a few particle effects.
- It has the shortest Timestop duration of around 2 seconds and low cooldown.
- When the "AYRTTSM" Counter works, Dark Light The World will say, "Omae No Hoshii Mono Wa, Nanda?" which means, “What Is It That You Desire?" This is a reference to when Hol Horse tries to shoot DIO in the head, but DIO stops time and goes behind him.
- When the user does Bloodsuck (Stand Off B move) the user will say "Jitsuni Nazimuzou!", Which means "It really suits me!", which means that the fresh blood of the opponent really suits the user.
- DLTW now has a time-stop animation, it takes 3 seconds to begin a time stop, so trying to defeat someone without them expecting it is difficult. The animation is longer than the time-stop itself.
Press "Expand" to see all of the audio clips for Dark Light The World.
Quick Jab/Sudden Punch
Draining Grab (Nazimuzo!)
Space Ripper Stingy Eyes
Light Uppercut/Light Combo/Left Click
The World's Unknown Ability (GLOBAL)
The World's Unknown Ability (LOCAL)
"Are you really trying to shoot me?" ("Scales of Horror")
"..You are Watching me?!"
"You are next."