"In this world, Johnny Joestar is my greatest test. And I will overcome that test and kill him without fail." - Diego Brando From an Alternate Universe (Heikō Sekai kara Kita Diego, 並行世界から来たディエゴ)
This stand also has a shiny counterpart of itself: The World Neo (Alternate Universe).
This stand is a part of the Arrow Stand Pool, in which it has a ~0.7% chance (A-Tier percentage) of obtaining from a Stand Arrow. As for its shiny, there is a ~0.07% chance (S+ Tier percentage) of obtaining it.
The World (Alternate Universe) is a humanoid Stand with a build similar to Diego's and design similar to its alternate counterpart. The World (Alternate Universe) is yellow in all media featuring it. On the other hand, its shiny, The World Neo (Alternate Universe) is also similar to The World (Alternate Universe)'s model but with a light blue color design encircling it.
It wears a headpiece covering its face to below the place of its nose, slanting at a steep angle from the base of its forehead to a peak situated above the rear of its head by about half its height, leaving the face of an inverted triangle visible to the front; somewhat similar to the Red Crown of Lower Egypt.
The back of its hands bears the shape of a clock with similar emblems on both its shoulders and hips. Its chin and belt region are decorated with hearts, while its knees are capped with D-shaped pads. On its back are twin diving cylinders, connected via short twin ridged cables to the rear of its mask; perhaps secured by thick, ridged, or puffed straps running from the rear of its waist over both its shoulders to its front.
|The World (Alternate Universe) quickly punches the enemy three times, dealing moderate damage. The last hit has good knockback and it ragdolls the enemy temporarily, this move is one of the best combo-starting moves in all of A Bizarre Day. (Note: this move has a low chance to hit a fourth time)||
|Strikes the enemy with a fast, incredibly powerful punch. It knocks the opponent back and ragdolls them temporarily, dealing moderate damage. This move can be easily followed up with the T or Y move.|
|The player throws two small knives two times at the enemy, similar to how The World does. Each one doing moderate damage, but altogether they deal an incredible amount of damage. The knives can travel a long distance, piercing multiple targets, this move can hit your enemies over the soccer court. This move is very similar to STW's Q. However, you can move during it.|
|The player pulls out a Glock/Revolver (NTWAU has the glock, meanwhile its counterpart has the revolver.) and fires it at the enemy. The bullet deals an incredible amount of damage on-contact. If you use this move during your Timestop, it will pierce other players. Many players use this move to finish combos. Since this move does not require you to be close. The bullet travels a long distance, the distance is similar to the T's distance.|
|THE WORLD's best-known ability. The user yells out "The World! Time is mine! This is where the fun begins!" and freezes time for roughly 5 seconds. Any damage you deal will stack up and take effect when time resumes.|
|The World (Alternate Universe) Launches the opponent upward by kicking them with a great amount of force. Dealing light damage and ragdolling the enemy. This move isn't supposed to be used as a primary source of heavy-hitting damage like the MUDA Punch but is rather supposed to be used as a stun locker. Because it stuns the target and launches them upward, it's easy to follow this move with E or R.|
|The World (Alternate Universe) and its user teleports to where your cursor is pointing at. This ability can also help the user instantly teleport to the roof of a building. It can be used without having your Stand out. This ability can also be used during Time Stop.|
N/A - "Silver Bullet!"
The user calls out a white horse named Silver Bullet and is able to ride on it.
H - Traced MUDA Punch
The user designates an enemy to attack. Glides towards the targeted player, and when close enough, strikes them with a slightly weaker MUDA Punch.
Note: This move will replace Dazing Kick.
U - Barbed Wire
The user will throw a barbed wire in front of him, although that it doesn't deal too much damage as beartrap, it can still make someone stuck if someone stepped on it.
E + Hold - MUDA Barrage
Unleash a flurry of punches dealing with moderate damage. This was replaced with the "Triple Punch MUDA Combo" move.
B - Bear Trap Throw
The user will throw a beartrap at close range (similar to The Emperor's B move). Deals good damage on contact and traps them in place for about 3-4 seconds.
General Combat Knowledge:
TWAU is a zoner-type stand that specializes in laying traps and yielding large amounts of high-damage projectiles. Besides, it's also outstanding in melee, close-range combat, with the ability to stun lock with H and the large range of its E. In terms of melee and ranged tools, TWAU is essentially a direct upgrade from its original universe counterpart. Projectile placement and picking off enemies from a distance is essential if you want to main TWAU. Also please note that it does not have any passive regeneration, so rushing in carelessly will only be to your disadvantage. TWAU is also a very combo heavy stand with simple combos dealing hundreds of damage and you can even get a free combo from Timestop with help of your H. A combo you'll want to be doing a lot is E + Y, this is because the moves have the lowest cooldowns (4 seconds and 4.5 respectively), it still deals optimal damage, with a whopping 114 damage just from those two moves (not counting E or Y hitting more then multiple times). E + Y is also extremely easy to combo into, especially with the help of H, if you have the cooldowns a great way to do this combo would be doing H + R + E + Y, which would do 191.5 damage without any extra hits from E or Y. One thing you're gonna want to avoid doing if necessary is using T in combos, T has a long cooldown and lower damage then Y, only use T if you're picking off enemies from afar.
This stand is The World but with a more substantial amount of projectile options. The ability to stop time brings easy kills to inexperienced victims. The knives and its revolver are some of the best projectiles in the game, with some of the largest range in the game, and the longest lingering. The kick move (H move) is an effective way of getting the upper hand over the enemy allowing a few melee attacks to lay in quite a bit of damage. This knowledge is not commonly known.
- V + (R / E / H) Easy
- F + Y + T + E + go behind them + R + Y if wanted (TS, throw projectile and punch them towards it). Guaranteed 155 - 185 damage
- F + E+ R + H + Y (Can only be used if TS is allowed.) Basic and Easy
- H + R + E Basic and Easy
- F + E + T + Y + (Time resumes) H + E + R Medium
- E + H + R Basic and Easy
- H + R + T Basic and Easy
- E + R + T + Y Medium
- H + E + R + T + Y Medium
- E + H + R + T + Y Medium
- H + R + T + Y Basic and Easy
- F + T + Y + E + H (+R if possible/let time resume then R) Basic and Easy
- Y + T + Y + T (Repeat as much as you want, good for combat against Shadow The World users) Very basic, very Easy
- H + E + T + Y + Z (Jump to your opponent)+ R + T + Y (Requires good aim and cooldowns, best if used in the middle of 1v1 to slice health pools) HARD
- H + R + E (Melee combo with the shortest time between attacks)
- T + C + R + E Easy
- H + R + T/Y + C (Optional) + E + R + H + E Easy (- Medium?)
- R + Y + C + E + F + T + E + R + H Medium
- H + E + R + Y/T Basic and Easy
- ( T + Y / Y + T ) + E + R + H (when the enemy comes close)
- E + Y Basic and Easy, most optimized combo for lowest cooldowns, ~114 damage
Pros and Cons:
- Great combo potential.
- Fast close-combat moves.
- Can counter enemies' barrage with H.
- Gunshot is unblockable.
- Time stop.
- Very high damaging combos
- Dazing kick stunlocks completely
- Can combo from TS
- Predictable attacks.
The World (Alternate Universe):
- This stand and Shadow The World are the only The World variants that don't have a barrage move.
- Coincidentally, they both have a three-punch combo move.
- While the original version is entirely yellow and gray-skinned with yellow armor in most other media (video games, the TV Anime, etc.), The World (Alternate Universe) is entirely yellow in all media featuring it. This was changed to three shades of yellow to prevent looking similar to Vampiric The World.
- The beartrap move used to have no limit, meaning you could throw down as many beartraps as you wanted. This was often used as a way to instantly kill DIO.
- Unlike The World, its name is distinctively spelled in English with capitalized letters, similar in convention to DIO from Part 3 and forward.
- TWAU's old voice lines were: "ABSOLUTE WEAKLING!" and "WRRRRRYYYYYYYY!"
- The shiny variant of this stand, NTWAU was based on a skin of the same stand in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven/Heritage for the Future.
- It is shown from the A Bizarre Day Roadmap, that TWAU will get a rework sometime in the future.
- TWAU's bear trap can bypass D4C:LT's Love Train.
- TWAU's bear traps are affected by C-Moon's 3KM Gravity Shift (H).
- In the official ABD Discord server, TheGuestToBlame said that TWAU would get a rework after the King Crimson rework releases. The release date of this rework is currently unknown, especially after Guest retired.
The World Neo (Alternate Universe):
- It plays "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven OST - Another World Diego Brando Battle BGM" while posing.
- This stand has a similar design to DIO's Newfound Power.
- The World Neo (Alternate Universe)'s Design has changed to a more VTW looking design.
- The eyes for NTWAU are utterly different from its non-shiny counterpart TWAU being completely light blue and glowing lines with no pupil.
- This color variant is also featured in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Heritage for the Future, a JoJo-themed fighting game made by Capcom and the light novel JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Over Heaven.
- Instead of using a revolver for its Y move, The World Neo (Alternate Universe) uses a Glock.
- The old model for NTWAU shared the same eyes with Retro The World.
- This shiny has had the most pose changes in the game, currently standing at 5 changes.
- NTWAU's TS animation used to be its pose.
- The Stand pose's origin is the cover of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Over Heaven, where DIO is seen sitting in a chair with The World hovering over him.
TWAU using Triple MUDA Punch Combo: TWAU using MUDA strike: The user using using Double Knife Volley: The user using using Revolver: TWAU using Timestop: When time resumes: TWAU using Dazing Kick:When someone step on your trap:
Voiceline 1: Voiceline 2:Voiceline 3:
When the user dies: When you pull out your stand:The removed barrage: