"In this world, Johnny Joestar is my greatest test. And I will overcome that test and kill him without fail.” - Diego Brando From an Alternate Universe (Heikō Sekai kara Kita Diego, 並行世界から来たディエゴ)
The World (Alternate Universe), commonly shortened to TWAU, is the stand of the Diego Brando from an Alternate Universe. This stand was first featured in the arc High Voltage from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run.
While its appearance is very similar to The World and Vampiric The World, the main difference between this stand and The World is its move-sets and abilities. It is a very strong stand if used correctly. You can defeat strong opponents with this, such as Dio Brando. This stand also has a shiny counterpart of itself: Neo The World (Alternate Universe).
This stand is a part of the Arrow Stand Pool, in which it has a 4% chance (A-Tier percentage) of obtaining from a Stand Arrow. As for its shiny, there is a 1% chance (S+ Tier percentage) of obtaining it.
The World (Alternate Universe) is a humanoid Stand with a build similar to Diego's and design similar to its alternate counterpart. The World (Alternate Universe) is yellow in all media featuring it. On the other hand, it's shiny, Neo The World: Alternate Universe is also similar to The World (Alternate Universe)'s model but with a light blue color design encircling it.
It wears a headpiece covering its face to below the place of its nose, slanting at a steep angle from the base of its forehead to a peak situated above the rear of its head by about half its height, leaving the face of an inverted triangle visible to the front; somewhat similar to the Red Crown of Lower Egypt.
The back of its hands bears the shape of a clock with similar emblems on both its shoulders and hips. Its chin and belt region are decorated with hearts, while its knees are capped with D-shaped pads. On its back are twin diving cylinders, connected via short twin ridged cables to the rear of its mask; perhaps secured by thick, ridged, or puffed straps running from the rear of its waist over both its shoulders to its front.
|The World (Alternate Universe) quickly punches the enemy three times, dealing moderate damage. The last hit has good knockback and it ragdolls the enemy temporarily, this move is one of the best combo-starting moves in all of A Bizarre Day..|
|Strikes the enemy with a fast, incredibly powerful punch. It knocks the opponent back and ragdolls them temporarily, dealing moderate damage. This move can be easily followed up with the T or Y move.|
|The player throws two small knives two times at the enemy, similar to how The World does. Each one doing moderate damage, but altogether they deal an incredible amount of damage. The knives can travel a long distance, piercing multiple targets, this move can hit your enemies over the football court. This move is very similar to STW’s Q. However, you can move during it.|
|The player pulls out a Glock/Revolver (Depending on which version of TWAU you have) and fires it at the enemy. The bullet deals an incredible amount of damage on-contact. If you use this move during your Timestop, it will pierce other players. Many players use this move to finish combos. Since this move does not require you to be close. The bullet travels a long distance, the distance is similar to the T's distance.|
|THE WORLD's best-known ability. The user yells out "The World! Time is mine! This is where the fun begins!" and freezes time for roughly 5 seconds. Any damage you deal will stack up and take effect when time resumes.|
|The World (Alternate Universe) Launches the opponent upward by kicking them with a great amount of force. Dealing light damage and ragdolling the enemy. This move isn't supposed to be used as a primary source of heavy-hitting damage like the MUDA Punch but is rather supposed to be used as a stun locker. Because it stuns the target and launches them upward, it's easy to follow this move with E or R.|
|The user will throw a beartrap at close range (simillar to The Emperor's B move). Deals good damage on contact and traps them in place for about 3-4 seconds. Players stuck in the beartrap can be attacked. There is a cooldown of 35 seconds, and you can only put down a maximum of 10 traps. This used to be infinite with no limits. Traps are affected by gravity changes like C-Moon's H move.
Note: If you reset, leave the server or reset your stand, the beartraps will despawn. Bear trap can bypass D4C's love train, this may be a glitch.
N/A - "Silver Bullet!"
The user calls out a white horse named Silver Bullet and is able to ride on it.
H - Traced MUDA Punch
The user designates an enemy to attack. Glides towards the targeted player, and when close enough, strikes them with a slightly weaker MUDA Punch.
Note: This move will replace Dazing Kick.
U - Barbed Wire
The user will throw a barbed wire in front of him, although that it doesn't deal too much damage as beartrap, it can still make someone stuck if someone stepped on it.
E + Hold - MUDA Barrage
Unleash a flurry of punches dealing with moderate damage. This was replaced with the "Triple Punch MUDA Combo" move.
General Combat Knowledge:
TWAU is a zoner-type stand that specializes in laying traps and yielding large amounts of high-damage projectiles. Besides, it’s also outstanding in melee, close-range combat, with the ability to stun lock with H and the large range of its E. In terms of melee and ranged tools, TWAU is essentially a direct upgrade from its original universe counterpart. Projectile placement and picking off enemies from a distance is essential if you want to main TWAU. Also please note that it does not have any passive regeneration, so rushing in carelessly will only be to your disadvantage.
This stand is The World but with a more substantial amount of projectile options. The ability to stop time brings easy kills to inexperienced victims. The knives and its revolver are some of the best projectiles in the game, with some of the largest range in the game, and the longest lingering. The kick move (H move) is an effective way of getting the upper hand over the enemy allowing a few melee attacks to lay in quite a bit of damage. This knowledge is not commonly known.
- F + Y + T + E + go behind them + R + Y if wanted (TS, throw projectile and punch them towards it). Guaranteed 155 - 185 damage
- F+E+R+H+Y (Can only be used if TS is allowed.) Basic and Easy
- B + H + R(slap them to the trap and go wild) Hard, requires accuracy to do R correctly
- H + R + B Medium
- H + R + E Basic and Easy
- F + E + T + Y + (Time resumes) H + E + R Medium
- B + (what moves you want to choose since they’re trapped) Very Easy
- E + H + R Basic and Easy
- H + R + T Basic and Easy
- E + R + T + Y Medium
- H + E + R + T + Y Medium
- E + H + R + T + Y Medium
- H + R + T + Y Basic and Easy
- F + T + Y + E + H (+R if possible/let time resume then R) Basic and Easy
- Y + T + Y + T (Repeat as much as you want, good for combat against Shadow The World users) Very basic, very Easy
- H + R + E + B + Y + T Extremely Hard (OHKO anybody, this can also be followed up with a Timestop to Overkill them, If you want to).
- (spam B) + R (Smack them into the pile of traps, takes a lot of preparation but is an insta kill) HARD
- H + E + T + Y + Z (Jump to your opponent)+ R + T + Y (Requires good aim and cooldowns, best if used in the middle of 1v1 to slice health pools) HARD
- F + B + (Time resumes) H + E + R + Y + T Medium
- B (Stay closer of the trap and wait for your enemy get closer of you) + E + H + R (push them to the trap) + Y + T Very Hard
- E + R + T + H + E (again) + Y + B + do whatever you want
- H + R + E (Melee combo with the shortest time between attacks)
- 10xB + H + R Hard (Hard to land but can instant kill)
- T + C + R + E Easy
- H + R + T/Y + C (Optional) + E + R + H + E Easy (- Medium?)
- R + B (Optional if you can aim it correctly + Y (Go closer) + F + T + E + R Easy - Medium
- R + Y + C + E + F + T + E + R + H Medium
- H + E + R + Y/T Basic and Easy
- Y (Get close enough for Trap + B + E + H + T Medium (- Hard?)
- ( T + Y / Y + T ) + E + R + H (when the enemy comes close)
- B + T + Y Easy (spam gun and knives until enemy decides to come closer)
- B+H+(wait for them to come down)R+C+E+Y (if you want,repeat)
Pros and Cons:
- Extremely Reliable combos. Has good moves to start or end combos with.
- Long-range Stand. Both Revolver/Glock and Two Pair Knife Volley are agile and can be spammed
- Fast close-combat moves.
- Can counter enemies' barrage with H.
- Has Bear Traps which stun and deal superior damage to enemies.
- Gun shot is unblockable.
- Traps have a long cooldown.
The World (Alternate Universe):
- This stand and Shadow The World are the only The World variants that don't have a barrage move.
- TWAU's time stop is actually called "Me Time".
- While the original version is entirely yellow and gray-skinned with yellow armor in most other media (video games, the TV anime, etc.), The World Alternate Universe is entirely yellow in all media featuring it. This was changed to three shades of yellow to prevent looking similar to Vampiric The World.
- People once used the bear traps to kill DIO but it is rarely used now since people have found new methods to kill DIO. Currently it takes 6 N/TWAUs, all using 10 traps, in order to kill DIO.
- Unlike The World, its name is distinctively spelled in English with capitalized letters, similar in convention to DIO from Part 3 and forward.
- TWAU's old voice lines were: "ABSOLUTE WEAKLING!", "WRRRRRYYYYYYYY!" and "Seems like my resolve bests yours, doesn't it?"
- The shiny variant of this stand, NTWAU was based on a skin of the same stand in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven/Heritage for the Future.
- It is shown from the A Bizarre Day Roadmap, that TWAU will get a rework sometime in the future.
- TWAU's bear trap can bypass CD4C's love train.
- TWAU's bear traps are affected by C-Moon's 3KM Gravity Shift (H).
- Unlike The World, this stand can't evolve
- This stand is actually called THE WORLD in the manga, but it has been changed to The World Alternate Universe to not confuse people.
- In the official ABD Discord server, Guest said that TWAU would get a rework after King Crimson rework releases. The release date of this rework however, is currently unknown.
- This stand has a slower TS than its shiny.
Neo The World (Alternate Universe):
- It shares a moveset with TWAU, same for the Y move, but it replaces TWAU's revolver with a Glock. They also share the same stats, both having an A in every stat.
- It plays "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven OST - Another World Diego Brando Battle BGM " while posing.
- This stand has a similar design to DIO’s Newfound Power.
- Neo The World: Alternate Universe's Design has changed to a more VTW looking design.
- The eyes for NTWAU are utterly different from its non-shiny counterpart TWAU being completely light blue and glowing lines with no pupil.
- This color variant is also featured in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven/Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Heritage for the Future, a JOJO fighting game made by Capcom and the light novel JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Over Heaven.
- The reason that this stand used a Glock rather than a Classic Revolver is simple, this stand is a "Neo" meaning new. Which means it came from the future.
- Neo The World: Alternate Universe used to have an instant timestop, but it has now been removed.
- The old model for NTWAU shared the same eyes with Retro The World.
- This shiny has had the most pose changes in the game, currently standing at 5 changes.
- NTWAU's TS animation used to be its pose.
- NTWAU's old pose music was the EOH results but was later changed to Another World Diego theme from EOH.
- In-game, when you press M, it will show The World Neo (Alternate Universe) instead of Neo The World: Alternate Universe.
- Stand pose's origin is a pose that was shown on cover of light novel JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Over Heaven.
Press Expand to see the list of sounds for The World (Alternate Universe).
TWAU using Triple MUDA Punch Combo: