- 1 "You know, I always wonder where all the stuff I scrape away with The Hand goes." - Okuyasu Nijimura (Nijimura Okuyasu, 虹村 億泰)
"You know, I always wonder where all the stuff I scrape away with The Hand goes." - Okuyasu Nijimura (Nijimura Okuyasu, 虹村 億泰)
The Hand is a heavily battle-oriented Stand. It's a powerful medium-ranged Stand that can easily wrestle with the former, although it is not as fast. It's said that the Stands right hand has the power to erase physical space and time. He can remove the space between him and the opponent to bring the enemy directly towards him.
The Hand appears as a humanoid figure typically in attire similar to football pads, though it has several spikes jutting from them. A towel-like object drapes over its shoulders, with a $ (dollar) symbol on one end and a ¥ (yen) symbol on the other – corresponding with Okuyasu's own fashion theme of currency symbols.
On each side of the Stand's face are blinders that cover its headlight-shaped eyes and limit its vision, a result of Okuyasu's own impulsive demeanor.
Its right hand has spiderweb-like lines on the inside, along with two bumps on its palm. However, these features on its right hand were not shown until later chapters. The Hand is generally portrayed as being white and wearing blue armor with golden decorations.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|When The Hand uses either its E or R move, the opponent will not be affected by a ragdoll, but by knockback.|
|All of The Hand's move can bypass blocking. This means that despite the fact you blocked The Hand's abilities/movesets, it will still deal the same amount of damage.|
|The Hand does three quick swipes that each deal good damage. One hit deals moderate damage, but if all three swipes hits the opponent, it will deal an incredible amount of damage.|
|The Hand erases space in front of them dealing pitiful damage at a distance while also pulling nearby-by opponents towards it. But, if The Hand is close to the opponent, it will instead deal incredible damage to them.|
|The Hand kneels, then proceeds to erase the legs of whoever is in front of it, making their legs disappear for 8 seconds and dealing superior damage (around 35). This move disables the victim's Stand, slows them down and grant no jumping power. This leaves an opening for combos, and to completely annihilate your opponent. Some Stands like Made In Heaven and C-Moon can utilize their passive abilities to affect their own user and escape.|
|The Hand erases the space in front of its user, but instead of attracting other players, it launches itself and its user forward, traveling a great distance in a short amount of time of around 3-5 seconds.|
|The Hand performs a moderate Stand jump, then proceeds to erase the space in front of itself to jump once again. Holding Z will result in The Hand erasing space three times, bunny hopping in the air that can get you to greater height then any other Stand jump.|
General Combat Knowledge
The Hand's attack speed is the slowest in the game, and almost every stand or spec can move back a little while you unleash your attacks and unleash a counterattack. Although its attack speed is slow, its attack deals heavy damage with each strike, if you land all of your hits in a combo it can easily bring them to red health or even kill them. The mobility of this stand is decent as your Z move can fly up above everyone else. You may use this to run away, getting ready to strike above, or even move past them. The V move is semi-decent for the mobility it gives, the only time you really use this is when you're chasing somebody who's running away from you, using it right after using Z or to trick your enemy into thinking that your about to attack but you're actually going to move past them.
Its mobility could be one of the best in the game, take advantage of Z and soar above your opponents, and unleash your attack's as you fall down. Time all of your attacks and make sure that you can hit them because if you don't, you can get a counterattack. (or you can pull them up in the air with you and strike then) You don't have to worry about your opponent blocking due to your Passive B.
Stands with a counter move like STW, GE and MIH can easily use a counter on you because of your slow speed, if that is the case then immediately relocate your attack (assuming you're fast enough to see them use the counter). Rolling and other moves that can move forward fast like KC's Erasure Shift and SPTW's Timestop Dash can also counter your attack by simply going past it which usually ends up being behind you. When facing a GER take advantage of Z and V and stay on the move until they revert back to a normal GE. However, during their RTZ, you can use F to remove their legs, since they won’t suspect it.
Use this as a beginner's guide for the stand:
- F + E/F + R Easy
- V + R + E Easy
- V + F + E + R Hard (Need to know the range of your V, other than that, this is Medium)
- F + R + E is an Instant kill. Easy
- R + F + E is for someone running. Easy
- R + E Easy (it's also your F don't charge)
- Z +(V if you aren't close) + F + E + LMB spam Hard
Pros and Cons
- Heavy damage dealer.
- Can stun opponents.
- Good movement option to close the gap.
- Can pull enemies in and stun them.
- Leg Erasure will most likely give you a win.
- Decent upward mobility.
- Attacks are hard to hit.
- Bad durability.
- Slow attack speed.
- Doesn't have a lot of moves.
- Low combo potential.
- Decently high cooldowns.
- Incredibly predictable.
- Low DPS despite high damage.
- The chance of getting The Hand from an Arrow was changed from 2% to 4%.
- The Hand when posing, (P) says the iconic quote: "Oi Josuke!". It also plays Okuyasu's theme, "The Hand".
- The "Oi Josuke" is from Tonio’s episode, specifically episode 10: "Let's Go Eat Some Italian Food".
- Voice lines: To play a voice line, press N. The Hand's voicelines are: "You ain't going... Nowhere!", "You better get ready to talk to The Hand!" and "The Hand The World ...Sorry, I just thought it might work..."
- The Hand is also a reference to The Band.
- This has two shortened names that are used for trading, TH (The Hand) and ZH (Za Hando).
- If you use a Heavy Erasure on a person that is posing, they will be able to move and pose at the same time.