"Really getting through to someone is an amazing thing, but sometimes there's a little leftover mess. That mess is called resentment." - Jotaro Kujo (Kūjō Jōtarō, 空条 承太郎)
Similar to Star Platinum, this Stand shares a lot of resemblance to its respective counterpart. However, some of the movesets and abilities of this Stand are different from the said Stand. The Stand also has a shiny version of itself, named Star Platinum: Ocean Breeze.
This Stand is a part of the Arrow Stand Pool, in which it has a 1.4% chance (B-Tier percentage) of obtaining from a Stand Arrow. This Stand's Shiny, Star Platinum: Ocean Breeze, has a ~0.07% chance (S+ Tier percentage) of obtaining from a Stand Arrow.
Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) is a humanoid Stand, resembling a tall, well-built man. A wavy line runs from each arm to the front of its torso, continuing down its legs.
It has a minimal range of clothing and armor, including a short, circular yellow scarf, shoulder pads with a spiral design, long gloves with studs on the back, knee and elbow guards, a loincloth, and short boots, which became knee-length in part 6 Stone Ocean.
However, since Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) is different from Star Platinum, some of the notable differences are on its appearance is the color of its skin, pauldrons, and scarf. Its face and body have varying shades of purple. It has long, flowing hair with a darker shade above its eyes and on the bridge of its nose, blurring the distinction between its hair and head.
As for it's shiny, Star Platinum (Ocean Breeze), it's main difference is the skin color, being a green-blueish color, as well as it's scarf's color being red instead of yellow, and some of the yellow parts of SPSO being a bit more golden color with SPOB, and the color scheme is more in line with HFTF and All-star Battle.
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean pummels the enemy with an array of 40 punches.|
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean strikes the target with an incredible right hook.|
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean throws a spear at the target. On contact, it deals an incredible amount of damage. This shared the animation of Iggy Throw before the remodel.|
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean unleashes a flurry of punches on the target using time stop. The opponent is sent flying backward with an incredible impact.
Note: You can use this move on players within a 50-stud radius.
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean stops time for as long as 5 seconds. All damage you do will stack up and effect when time resumes.|
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean brings back its right arm for a short period of time, then rushes forward at the opponent, grabbing them and pulling them in towards its user and additionally dealing a mediocre amount of damage. Star Platinum was able to do this move.|
|Similar to Shadow The World's teleportation move, Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) will teleport the user to wherever their crosshair is placed. During the teleportation, the user's screen will turn black and white for a split second when teleporting. You can also use this ability without summoning your Stand.
You can only teleport within an 80-stud radius.
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean, with its ability of Time Stop, can also move within other's Time Stop. This lasts for exactly 3 seconds.|
General Combat Knowledge:
Star Platinum Stone Ocean might seem like a weakened, old SP at first, with a very bad durability, but once you look further into the Stand, it is quite durable, and it has a lot of difference to old SP. First of all, your most important combo will be V + R, just like Star Platinum - The World, however, SPSO's V is a teleport move instead of a dash, making it less predictable. Your Y move is probably the best move in the game due to it being unpredictable, a combo finisher, and basically free damage. But the most important part of SPSO is that it has insanely low cooldowns, an example being its R move, having only 3 seconds of cooldown. Overall, SPSO is a really strong Stand that shouldn't be underestimated at high level play, and has a lot of good matchups against most of the Stands and specs in-game.
V is a move that should be always used during any sort of PvP, since it's a very good movement option, and you can use anything after the teleport. Your T move, the spear throw, is an insanely good projectile, it's not too fast, but it can act as a combo starter. It also has only 15 seconds of cooldown while dealing 45 damage. Star Pull is also a good combo starter, however, it is quite slow, so only use it when you know it will land. Lastly, Time Smite is an amazing move, but you shouldn't throw it out randomly. Instead, try using it as a combo finisher, since during combos most people won't be able to evade the move or block it.
Star Platinum Stone Ocean is a generally fast Stand that can do insanely quick combos and rack up a ton of damage in mere seconds. So here are few ways to counter this Stand:
- Blocking. Blocking is by far the best way to counter this Stand. You will negate most damage done to you by the Y move (unless you have a Stand with a bad durability), and SPSO can't really do much to you other than a V + H + R combo to you while blocking.
- Speed. Stands like Star Platinum, King Crimson, Samurai will absolutely obliterate this Stand, since they have really fast moves and really good blocking abilities (except King Crimson). Using them might grant you victory.
- V + H + R + T + Y Medium
- R + V + H + Y + T Medium/Hard
- F + E(not long) + H + T + R Basic and normal
- E(not long) + R/H + Y + V + H/R + T Hard/Very Hard
- V + R. Easy
- V + H + T + E(Hold) + Y Medium
- T + Y + V + H + R Medium
- F + E(not long) + R + T + V + H + Y + E(Hold) Very Hard
- E + R + Y + T Easy
- Y + V + R + T Easy
- H + R + T + V + E(Hold) + Y Medium
- H + T + R + E (Hold for 2 Secs) Medium
- F + T + R + H + E Easy
- R + T + Y + E Medium
- F + R + E (Hold) + Y Easy
- V + R + T + Y Medium
- R + T + Y + V + R Medium
- V + R + Y + T + V + H + R + F + E (Hold) Medium/Hard
- Y+T+V (Teleport near your opponent)+R+C (Get closer to your opponent)+H+E Hard
- T + V + R + Y Medium
- R + Y + V + H + T + R + E (Optional) Medium/Hard
Pros and Cons:
- Has very good mobility.
- Fast heavy punch.
- Can teleport.
- Time Smite bypasses Epitaph, does amazing damage and is long-ranged.
- Good damage.
- Good combo potential.
- Extremely low cooldown on ORA Strike.
- Time Smite is instantaneous.
- Spear Throw does good damage.
- Timestop movement
- Spear is slow and can be easily dodged.
- Time Smite has a long cooldown and can be blocked if your opponent is expecting it
- Spear Throw has a decently long windup.
- Mighty Heave does mediocre damage.
- Mediocre barrage damage.
- Mighty Heave can sometimes lead to your death.
Star Platinum (Stone Ocean)
- When posing, Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) plays Ocean Man, a song composed and performed by the band Ween.
- The pose doesn't currently play the song because of the audio ID being taken down.
- Like Star Platinum: The World, this Stand cannot be evolved at all.
- The voice lines for Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) are: "Get lost.", "If you want a fight, I'll give you a fight." and "Give me a break...".
- Upon dying, the user says: "T-This... Power!" (この..パワー.) (K-Kono... Pawā..!). this death voice clip is also shared with Star Platinum, Star Platinum (Over Heaven) and Star Platinum: The World.
- Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) is often shortened to SPSO, for simplicity purposes.
- This is the only Star Platinum variant that doesn't say "Good Grief " as a quote.
- Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) used to have a Stand jump that had a very short cooldown of 5 seconds, but it was later increased to 14 seconds.
- This Stand's design is mainly based on the official manga's color scheme. This design was not exclusive to Stone Ocean, but the developers have no exact design for Star Platinum (Stone Ocean), so they decided to use the manga design of Star Platinum.
- The Time Stop Movement move doesn't actually have a cooldown, this leads to you being able to spam it during a time-stop. This is most likely a bug.
- Along with SPSO, the only other stands to have timestop movement are Star Platinum: The World and Tusk.
Star Platinum (Ocean Breeze)
- Star Platinum (Ocean Breeze) currently has no pose music.
- Star Platinum (Ocean Breeze)'s quotes are broken and display as "Quote". The same thing goes for Star Platinum (Over Heaven).
- Star Platinum (Ocean Breeze)'s name was coincidentally referenced in Chariot Requiem's Trello Card before CR itself was released, due to there having been a string of binary that simply translated to "Ocean Breeze".