"Really getting through to someone is an amazing thing, but sometimes there's a little leftover mess. That mess is called resentment." - Jotaro Kujo (空条 承太郎, Kūjō Jōtarō)
Similar to Star Platinum, this stand shares a lot of resemblance to its counterpart, Star Platinum. However, some of the movesets and abilities of this stand are different.
Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) is a humanoid Stand, resembling a tall, well-built man. A wavy line runs from each arm to the front of its torso, continuing down its legs.
It has a minimal range of clothing and armor, including a short, circular yellow scarf, shoulder pads with a spiral design, long gloves with studs on the back, knee and elbow guards, a loincloth, and short boots, which became knee-length in part 6 Stone Ocean.
However, since Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) is different from Star Platinum, some of the notable differences are on its appearance is the color of its skin, pauldrons, and scarf. Its face and body have varying shades of purple. It has long, flowing hair with a darker shade above its eyes and on the bridge of its nose, blurring the distinction between its hair and head.
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean pummels the enemy with an array of 40 punches.||7 seconds|
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean strikes the target with an incredible right hook.||4 seconds|
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean throws a spear at the target. On contact, it deals an incredible amount of damage. This shared the animation of Iggy Throw before the remodel.|
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean donuts the target using timestop. The opponent is sent flying backward with an incredible impact. Deals 60 damage.
Note: You can use this move on players within a 50-stud radius.
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean stops time for as long as 5 seconds. All damage you do will stack up and effect when time resumes.||20 seconds|
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean brings back its right arm for a short period of time, then rushes forward at the opponent, grabbing them and pulling them in towards its user and additionally dealing a mediocre amount of damage. Star Platinum was able to do this move.|
|Similar to Shadow The World's teleportation move, Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) will teleport the user to wherever their crosshair is placed. During the teleportation, the user's screen will turn black and white for a split second when teleporting. You can also use this ability without summoning your stand.
You can only teleport within an 80-stud radius.
|Star Platinum: Stone Ocean, with its ability of Time Stop, can also move within other's Time Stop. This lasts exactly for 3 seconds.|
T - Bearing Shot
Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) shoots a small, steel bearing that deals 30 damage. Similar Star Platinum: The World's T move.
- V + H + R + T + Y Medium
- R + V + H + Y + T Medium/Hard
- F + E(not long) + H + T + R Basic and normal
- E(not long) + R/H + Y + V + H/R + T Hard/Very Hard
- V + R. Easy
- V + H + T + E(Hold) + Y Medium
- T + Y + V + H + R Medium
- F + E(not long) + R + T + V + H + Y + E(Hold) Very Hard
- E + R + Y + T Easy
- Y + V + R + T Easy
- H + R + T + V + E(Hold) + Y Medium
- H + T + R + E (Hold for 2 Secs) Medium
- F + T + R + H + E Easy
- R + T + Y + E Medium
- F + R + E (Hold) + Y Easy
Pros and Cons:
- A lot of damaging moves (Spear Throw, Time Smite).
- Can timestop
- Helpful in raids.
- Can teleport.
- Extremely viable when used right.
- Has very good mobility.
- Low Cooldowns.
- Great combo startup.
- Has one of the fastest barrages in the entire game.
- Y move bypasses Epitaph.
- Time smite is almost the best move in the entire game (you have no way to predict it and it deals godly damage).
- Good for farming Dio Brando.
- Y can be blocked, and sometimes doesn't work.
- V can sometimes be punished if not used correctly.
- Spear is slow and can be easily dodged
- When posing, Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) plays "Ocean Man ", a song composed and performed by the band Ween.
- Like Star Platinum: The World, this stand cannot be upgraded at all.
- The voice lines for Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) are, "Get lost.", "If you want a fight, I'll give you a fight." and "Give me a break...".
- Upon dying, the user says:" T-This... Power"! (この..パワー.) (K-Kono... Pawā..!), this death voice clip is also shared with Star Platinum, Star Platinum (Over Heaven), and Star Platinum: The World.
- Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) is often shorted to SPSO, for simplicity purposes.
- This Stand is usually used as a more offensive Star Platinum and Star Platinum: The World, However, it is still better to use Star Platinum: The World as it has more defensive options than Stone Ocean (Example: longer Timestop movement).
- This is the only Star Platinum variant that doesn't say "Good Grief " (やれやれだぜ) (Yare Yare Daze ).
- The looks of Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) might look like the same to Star Platinum but it has a yellow scarf, white lines running down its chest instead of gold lines, and is a little more purple.
- You can also tell if a SP is SPSO if it has the regular idle pose.
- Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) used to have a stand jump that had a very short cooldown of 5 seconds, it was later increased to 14 seconds.