"True observation means seeing with your mind, not your eyes, to listen with your heart, not your ears." - Jotaro Kujo (Kūjō Jōtarō, 空条 承太郎)
It is a stand that specializes in speed and precision, however using it in-game can be a little challenging. With skill and practice, you can defeat strong opponents with this stand.
Star Platinum: The World is a strong Stand that resembles a well-built and muscular man. Its appearance has changed drastically, as its color scheme is now composed of lighter colors (such as light blue and violet)
Just like its counterpart, Star Platinum, it has flowing hair, a gold cap on its chin, and a metallic headband which is made of three pieces, the centerpiece shaped like an ellipse.
A gold, wavy line runs down each arm, continuing down its body. It has a limited range of clothing and armor, which is a short white scarf, golden shoulder pauldrons with a spiral design on top, white gloves with golden studs on the knuckles, golden elbow and knee guards, a small white loincloth, and white boots.
|Just like its predecessor, Star Platinum quickly assaults the enemy with an extremely fast barrage dealing superior damage per hit. While every hit will make your enemy slow down. You can use time stop dash while using this move.||6
|Star Platinum: The World uses its right arm to do a strong and very fast punch dealing a great amount of damage and knocking back and rag-dolling the enemy. You can use time stop dash while using this move.||6 seconds|
|Bearing Shot||Star Platinum: The World shoots a small, steel bearing that deals a great amount of damage to the opponent. This can be easily glitched in stopped time.||8 seconds|
|Timestop||Star Platinum: The World’s best-known ability. Time freezes for a short amount of time, allowing an opportunity to strike the opponent or reposition. Any damage you deal will stack up and take effect when time resumes. The time stop will last for 6 seconds.
Note: Barrage, Strike, Bearing Shot are faster when you timestop, but you cannot use Timestop Dash.
Star Platinum: The World will also shout the part 4 "Star Platinum: Za Warudo!" which was previously removed and had been added back as of now.
Another note: If your Timestop gets shortened by Made In Heaven, Cancelled by Gold Experience Requiem, or if you cancel it yourself, you'll still get a faster walk speed, as well as the increased speed of Barrage, Strike, and Bearing Shot.
|Timestop Movement||Like its counterpart, the user is allowed to move in stopped time for 4 seconds. This allows the user to run from deadly situations or attack people in time stop.|
Timestop Dash allows the user to complete an action swiftly, with a sound being played and your player shifting towards your planned future movement. Essentially, the player stops time for a split second and allows the user to reach their opponent, or to re-position. This works by accelerating your movements. However, this can not be used to no-clip through walls, it only temporarily increases movement speed. This is similar to King Crimson’s V. However, you can move wherever and however, you want.
Note: You must move to use this move, as standing still doesn't accelerate your movements.
|Stand Jump||A move shared with many other stands, in which the user could leap high up into the air via the direction the user is facing, meaning you can control its movement while in the air.|
|Timestop Finisher||While in Timestop, Star Platinum: The World charges up a powerful punch from his right arm, dealing incredible damage and knockback.
Note: This move can only be used while time is stopped.
General Combat Knowledge:
Star Platinum - The World is a powerful and fast stand, which the most used move is V, a quick dash for starting combos and quick attacks such as V + R, plus its high durability gives you a good advantage because you can move in someone else's Time Stop and using R + J does godly damage. Moving in time stop can save yourself from someone else's road roller.
Faster movements and deadly damage make this stand really good in PvP, and you can use your Time Stop easily, the cooldown is just 30 seconds, This is unreal for a fast physical stand who exceeds power and speed of an Over Heaven if you play in an extremely offensive way. Stands who have Self-Heal moves can be annoying while fighting with Star Platinum: The World, you can easily damage your opponent but if they start running to heal, using V + R can damage the opponent if you do more damage then how much they heal. This is a good way to deal with Gold Experience and Over Heaven users.
Star Platinum The World(SP:TW) is generally a fast stand that can overcome most brute stands in terms of speed. So here are few ways to counter this stand:
- Speed. There are few stands that can overcome this stand in speed, like Shadow The World(STW) and Kars. With STW and Kars, you need to relentlessly attack the SP:TW user due to them having speed an power on their side. However, SP:TW can easily be overwhelmed and become combo food, but watch out for their TS.
- Brute strength. Although this stand's move deals good damage, it is very limited and not that spammable (aside from V). Its barrage is strong but ends quicker than most stands. Shift-lock is a simple way to corner this stand, its barrage attack is fast but not so strong that it will be able to kill you instantly. Stands that have good DPS like Star Platinum and The World can kill SP:TW at close range without any problems, notice that it's V cannot escape a barrage.
If you are new at SP:TW, use this as a guide.
- V > R > T Basic
- F > T > R > J Medium
- R > V > T Medium
- F > J > R > E Medium
- H > J > R Basic
- E > V > R > F > E > T > F > V > R Very Hard
- R > V > E > F > T > F > R Hard
- R > V > T > F > J > E > R > T Very Hard
- V > R > V > R > V > R > V > R > V > R > V > R > V > R > V > R Easy
- F > E > R > T Easy
- E > V (Use this to barrage with the same speed as walking) Easy
Pros and Cons:
- Good durability.
- Good damage.
- A very fast Stand.
- Can Move in Timestop.
- Has lots of defensive options.
- Lack of moves.
- Can get predictable after a while.
- Struggles when encountering a faster stand/spec.
- Struggles in terms of pure offense with stands like Star Platinum Stone Ocean or The World.
- Star Platinum: The World is Star Platinum's counterpart from Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable.
- Star Platinum: The World was added before most stands are, but it got deleted, then got added as a replacement to Steve Platinum with a redesigned model.
- Star Platinum: The World can't evolve using DIO's diary. This trait is shared with its counterpart from Stone Ocean (Star Platinum Stone Ocean).
- Star Platinum: The World is able to use Time Stop in other's time stops during its H move, but cannot use Quick Time Stop in its own time stop.
- Star Platinum: The World will still have a temporary speed boost even if the time stop has been canceled.
- Star Platinum: The World's TS Sound effect Was removed and Replaced with the original one from Anime. It was later readded in 2.0.5h.
- Voice lines: To activate a voice line, press N SPTW's voice lines are: "Good grief..." "Yare yare daze...", "Hmm... not bad." and "I hate doing anything tiring, so I'll end this quickly.".
- Star Platinum: The World's pose plays "The Stardust Man Appears". It was first removed, but then readded in 2.0.5h.
- Upon dying, the user says:" T-This... Power"! (この..パワー.) (K-Kono... Pawā..!), this death voice clip is shared with Star Platinum, Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) and Star Platinum (Over Heaven).
- The time stop animation is its own kind.
- Star Platinum: The World is often shortened to SPTW for simplicity and trading purposes.
- Star Platinum: The World got a new model in 2.0.2c update, being similar to the Anime.
- In the manga/anime, the time stop is only up to 2 seconds. In the game however, it is 5 seconds. This is most likely because the developers didn’t want such a short time stop where it’d be impossible to do anything.
- Star Platinum: The World is the best Star Platinum variant you could get (Because of the defensive option it had), when you don't have access to the Over Heavens form of Star Platinum.
- The developer, Speartaro, has confirmed that there will be a beatdown for Star Platinum: The World. See here yourself.
- You can move while posing by pressing V then spamming G.