- 1 "True observation means seeing with your mind, not your eyes, to listen with your heart, not your ears." - Jotaro Kujo (Kūjō Jōtarō, 空条 承太郎)
"True observation means seeing with your mind, not your eyes, to listen with your heart, not your ears." - Jotaro Kujo (Kūjō Jōtarō, 空条 承太郎)
It's a stand that specializes in speed and precision, however, using it in-game can be a little challenging. With skill and practice, you can defeat strong opponents with this stand, while it can be countered it is certainly a good stand.
Star Platinum: The World is a strong Stand that resembles a well-built and muscular man. Its appearance has changed drastically, as its color scheme is now composed of lighter colors, such as light blue, gold, violet and lighter shades of purple.
Just like its counterpart, Star Platinum, it has flowing hair, a gold cap on its chin, and a metallic headband which is made of three pieces, the centerpiece formed like an ellipse.
A gold, wavy line runs down each arm, continuing down its body. It has a limited range of clothing and armor, which is a short white scarf, golden shoulder pauldrons with a spiral design on top, white gloves with golden studs on the knuckles, golden elbow and knee guards, a small white loincloth, and white boots.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|Star Platinum: The World and its user take 85% less damage from projectiles fired from guns while blocking.|
|Just like its predecessor, Star Platinum quickly assaults the enemy with an extremely fast 30 punch barrage dealing superior damage per hit, while every hit will make your enemy slow down. You can use time stop dash while using this move. Strangely, the animation for this move has ~195 punches, although only ~15% have functioning hitboxes.|
|Star Platinum: The World uses its right arm to do a strong and very fast punch dealing a great amount of damage and knocking back and rag-dolling the enemy. You can use time stop dash while using this move.|
|Star Platinum: The World shoots a small, steel bearing that deals a great amount of damage to the opponent. This can be easily glitched in stopped time.|
|Star Platinum: The World rushes towards the enemy, indicated by the user's crosshair, then proceeds to deliver a powerful strike towards said enemy, dealing a incredible amount of damage and some knockback.|
|Star Platinum: The World’s best-known ability. Time freezes for 5 seconds, allowing an opportunity to strike the opponent or reposition. Any damage you deal will stack up and take effect when time resumes.
Note: The user's Barrage, Strike, Bearing Shot are faster when the user time stops. Another note is that when the user's time stop gets cancelled, the speed effect will still apply.
|Like its counterpart, the user is allowed to move in stopped time for 3 seconds. This allows the user to run from deadly situations or attack people in time stop.
Note: This ability is currently broken.
|Time stop Dash allows the user to dash quicker than walking speed from one point to another, with a sound being played and your player shifting towards your planned future movement.
Note: You must move to use this move, as standing still doesn't accelerate your movements.
J - Time Stop Finisher
While in Time stop, Star Platinum: The World charges up a powerful punch from his right arm, dealing incredible damage and knockback. This move was said to be removed in a Q and A video with one of the developers.
General Combat Knowledge
Star Platinum - The World is a powerful and fast stand, which the most used move is V, a quick dash for starting combos and quick attacks such as V + R, plus its high durability gives you a good advantage because you can move in someone else's Time Stop and using R + Y does godly damage. Moving in time stop can save yourself from someone else's road roller. If you use time stop and your opponent stand jumps, you can just use Y because of its incredible range.
Faster movements and deadly damage make this stand really good in PvP, and you can use your Time Stop easily, the cooldown is just 30 seconds, This is unreal for a fast physical stand who exceeds power and speed of an Over Heaven if you play in an extremely offensive way. Stands who have Self-Heal moves can be annoying while fighting with Star Platinum: The World, you can easily damage your opponent but if they start running to heal, using V + R can damage the opponent if you do more damage then how much they heal. This is a good way to deal with Gold Experience and Over Heaven users.
Star Platinum The World (SP:TW) is generally a fast stand that can overcome most brute stands in terms of speed. So here are few ways to counter this stand:
- Speed. There are few stands that can overcome this stand in speed, like Shadow The World (STW) and Kars. With STW and Kars, you need to relentlessly attack the SP: TW user due to them having speed and power on their side. However, SP: TW can easily be overwhelmed and become combo food, but watch out for their TS.
- Brute strength. Although this stand's move deals good damage, it is very limited and not that spammable (aside from V). Its barrage is strong but ends quicker than most stands. Shift-lock is a simple way to corner this stand, its barrage attack is fast but not so strong that it will be able to kill you instantly. Stands that have good DPS like Star Platinum and The World can kill SP:TW at close range without any problems, notice that it's V cannot escape a barrage.
- Blocking. SP:TW is generally weak against blocking. Even in stopped time, you’re bound to get them to almost half of their health, so they can easily bait you in.
If you are new at SP:TW, use this as a guide.
- V + R + T Basic
- R + V (Wait for charge up to almost end, then dash to the target) Medium
- F + T + R + Y Medium
- R + V + T Medium
- F + Y + R + E Medium
- H + Y + R Basic
- E + V + R + F + E + T + F + V + R Very Hard
- R + V + E + F + T + F + R Hard
- R + V + T + F + Y + E + R + T Very Hard
- F + E + R + T Easy
- E + V (Use this to barrage with the same speed as walking) Easy
- E + V + R + T Medium
- V + R + Y Easy
- T + V + R + Y Easy
- E + F + Y + R + E (Note: for Time Stop you have to time things right or back up a bit but not too far due to SPTW Time Stop Animation) Easy - Medium
- R + Y + T + F + V (Optional) + E + R + Y + T Medium - Hard
- T + V/C + R + E Easy
- E + R + T + Y + E Easy
- T + Y + E + R Basic - Easy
- Y + T (Optional) + V + E + R + Y Easy
- Y + F + F + V + R + T Medium
- V + R Basic, most used combo
- R+ Y + T + V + F + E Hard
Pros and Cons
- Good durability.
- Great damage.
- Good mobility.
- Great ranged moves.
- Very fast moves.
- Time Stopping Stand.
- Time Stop has low cooldown.
- Resists projectiles.
- Gains a speed boost in TS.
- Short but reliable combos.
- Overall weak damage.
- Can get predictable after a while.
- Limited moveset.
- Struggles when encountering a faster stand/spec.
- Star Breaker requires precision due to being a normal strong punch if you don't aim properly. It also breaks lots of the time and makes Star Platinum: The World go underground.
- Star Platinum: The World's H move is currently broken and only the sound plays.
- Voice lines: To activate a voice line, press N. SPTW's voice lines are: "Good grief.../Yare yare daze...", "Hmm... not bad." and "I hate doing anything tiring, so I'll end this quickly.".
- Star Platinum: The World is Star Platinum's counterpart from Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable.
- Star Platinum: The World was added before most stands are, but it got deleted, then got added as a replacement to Steve Platinum with a redesigned model.
- When posing, it will play The Stardust Man Appears.
- Star Platinum: The World can't evolve using DIO's diary. This trait is shared with its counterpart from Stone Ocean (Star Platinum Stone Ocean).
- Star Platinum: The World is able to use Time Stop in other's time stops during its H move (now can't since H is broken), but cannot use Quick Time Stop in its own time stop.
- Star Platinum: The World will still have a temporary speed boost even if the time stop has been cancelled.
- Star Platinum: The World's TS Sound effect Was removed and Replaced with the original one from Anime. It was later added in 2.0.5h.
- Star Platinum: The World's pose plays "The Stardust Man Appears". It was first removed but then re added in 2.0.5h.
- Upon dying, the user says:" T-This... Power"! (この..パワー.) (K-Kono... Pawā..!), this death voice clip is shared with Star Platinum, Star Platinum (Stone Ocean) and Star Platinum (Over Heaven).
- The time stop animation is its own kind.
- Star Platinum: The World is often shortened to SPTW for simplicity and trading purposes.
- In the manga/anime, the time stop is only up to 2 seconds. In the game, however, it is 5 seconds. This is most likely because the developers didn’t want such a short time stop where it’d be impossible to do anything.
- Star Platinum: The World is the best Star Platinum variant you could get (Because of the defensive option it had) when you don't have access to the Over Heavens form of Star Platinum.
- A developer of ABD, Speartaro, has confirmed that there will be a beatdown for Star Platinum: The World.
- Star Platinum: The World has a broken move, which is H. When someone stops time, if you press H you could become invisible for other players. Also it does not let you move in time stop.
SPTW using Swift ORA Barrage:
SPTW using Swift ORA Strike:
SPTW using Bearing Shot:
SPTW using Time Stop (Start):
SPTW using Time Stop (End):
SPTW using Time Stop Dash:
SPTW using Time Stop Finisher:
When the user dies:
When you pull out your stand: