- 1 "Now if I just wait until dawn, you'll turn into dust. There's only one reason why you lost, DIO. One simple answer. You really pissed me off." - Jotaro Kujo (Kūjō Jōtarō, 空条 承太郎)
"Now if I just wait until dawn, you'll turn into dust. There's only one reason why you lost, DIO. One simple answer. You really pissed me off." - Jotaro Kujo (Kūjō Jōtarō, 空条 承太郎)
Star Platinum is a close-range Stand, but with incredible strength, speed, and precision much like The World. Along with its high-damage dealing moves, it can be considered a powerful Stand when used well. This Stand also has a shiny counterpart: Retro Star Platinum.
This Stand is a part of the Arrow Stand Pool, in which it has a 0.4% chance (S-Tier percentage) of obtaining from a Stand Arrow. As for its shiny, there is a ~0.08% chance (S+ Tier percentage) of obtaining it.
Star Platinum is a humanoid stand with the build of a strong human. It has long hair that flows to the back of its head, with a golden headband keeping it in position. It has dark shades below its eyes and on some parts of its face making it so that the head and eyes are distinguishable.
Its skin and appearance often surround the color scheme of purple and small bits of gold on its armor, legs, knees, and headband. It also wears a red scarf around its neck.
As for its shiny, Retro Star Platinum uses the model of Star Platinum before its rework. However, the difference mostly lies in the color scheme of the Stand, as it is mostly interpreted as being composed of pale colors like its light blue skin and it overall having a blue color covering it, while its emblem is red, unlike its normal version, it wears a light blue scarf, matching its skin.
|Star Platinum throws a flurry of 85 punches with incredible speed, dealing a superior amount of damage. While Star Platinum is using this move, it will slowly move itself forward. It lasts for about 6 seconds, and its hits will push enemies away and cause them to be caught in place.||
|Star Platinum starts to charge a powerful punch. Depending on how long the user charges, the damage and knockback distance will vary. The arm will also start to flash white when it starts charging and red when it is fully charged. It takes 4 seconds to fully charge your punch. However, if you have Bloodlust activated it only takes 2.5 seconds to charge it.||
|Star Platinum throws a knife in the enemy with great speed. If it hits the enemy, the knife will deal good damage and at the same time teleport the user behind the enemy.|
|Star Platinum will perform a powerful kick to the enemy's legs, knocking down and ragdolling the enemy while dealing superior damage. Does increased damage in stopped time.||
|Star Platinum extends its fingers and quickly hits the foe with them, dealing great damage with a range of 10 studs. This move has low knockback and can stun, this will blur the screen of the inflicted. This move ragdolls the opponent for a moment if hit.||
|This ability can only be activated when the user has 50% less HP. When activated, the user will receive a 10% damage increase and a faster charge on Charged ORA Punch.|
|This ability can only be activated when time is stopped on the server, and when the time stopper is near the user. When the key is pressed, the opponent who time stopped will freeze in time, and the user will gain control over their time stop. A taunt will play and ownership will be shifted. This discards the remaining time stop time and lasts for 5 seconds. This can be overridden as well. It can be used without stand activated.
Note: This ability can only be used when the user HP is above 35% health.
|Star Platinum moves faster than light, creating an effect around the user and effectively stopping time for 4 seconds. This replaces the override, meaning that a Star Platinum user cannot override on low health.
Note: This ability can only be used when the user HP is below 35%. This move can also be cancelled by Gold Experience Requiem's Return To Zero. Also this move can be shortend by Made in Heaven's Time Acceleration and can be stolen by another Star Platinum user.
|Teleport to where your cursor is pointing at. The range is around 25 studs. This ability can also help the user instantly teleport to the roof of a building. It can be used without stand activated.
This puts all offensive moves on cooldown for 1 second with the exception of T.
The player pulls out DIO's Diary and holds it up in the air. After a short time, Star Platinum will ascend Over Heaven, granting the player the Stand Star Platinum (Over Heaven). When the diary is used on Retro Star Platinum, there is no animation and it will instantly grant you Retro Star Platinum (Over Heaven).
Star Platinum is a melee stand. Its Y is good for a combo starter, as such you can do Y, then F for a short combo. Its teleport can allow sudden attacks, to teleport closer to your opponent or to get away from them. Star Finger has longer range then your other melee moves, and it can deal with crowds (F, then spin around). The Knife Throw can be used to get closer to your opponents, however it can be very hard to hit it at times. This stand can also counter time stop with its Timestop Override, but note that other Star Platinum can override your time stop as well. Blood Lust is a good way to deal extra damage; however it's best to deal damage instead of purposely making yourself low.
Pros and Cons
- Good for farming Dio Brando
- Good combo potential.
- Great damage output.
- Obliterate any close-ranged Stand with similar speed feats.
- Can steal other players' time stops.
- Barrage is faster than most of A speed stands, like The World.
- Kick is a great combo starter.
- Lowest cooldown on barrage in-game.
- Star Finger can be a good option for tackling runners, as it stuns and ragdolls them, giving you time to relentlessly attack them.
- Knife Throw is good for running opponents.
- The barrage slightly goes forward.
- Has a rage mode which is very powerful.
- You are able to move during the Time Stop animation.
- Close to instant Time Stop.
- High knockback makes it hard to make follow-up attacks.
- Very close-range Stand, meaning abilities with spammable or multiple ranged attacks can easily beat a Star Platinum user.
- The teleporting move has a higher cooldown than other teleporting moves like STW's Stand on V and SPSO's V.
- Most of the moves have high cooldowns.
- Cannot override time stop when on low health.
- Time stop can be overridden by other Star Platinum users.
- Knife is hard to hit people with.
- Knife has a long windup
- Can't override time stops if time stop user isn't in range.
- While posing (P), the song Star Platinum by Jin Hashimoto from the JoJo Anthology Song Series will play.
- Voice lines: To play the voice lines press N. Star Platinum's voice lines are: "I feel no pity for you at all...", "You really ticked me off...", "Yare Yare Daze..", "My stand will be the judge..", and "I, [Player username], will beat you to a bloody pulp."
- It is often referred to as Star Platinum Prime or Star Platinum 3, although it has never been called that officially in-game. The former is likely due to Project JoJo calling the standard Star Platinum version from Stardust Crusaders as Star Platinum (Prime). The latter is from Stardust Crusaders being part 3 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- Star Platinum is often shortened to SP or SP3 for simplicity.
- Upon dying, the user says:" T-This... Power!"! (この..パワー.) (K-Kono... Pawāwa..!), this death voice clip is also shared with Star Platinum (Stone Ocean), Star Platinum (Over Heaven) and Star Platinum: The World.
- The sounds for Star Platinum are clean voice clips from the anime voice actor, Daisuke Ono.
- This is one of the few Stands where the quote says the username of the player, alongside Gold Experience.
- SP received a rework on 9/12/2020, with new movesets and a new model.
- Star Platinum does not actually have a cooldown on its Q move, meaning you can bring the Stand out and back in faster than other Stands in-game.
- This stand used to break with ease, either because it doesn't deal damage at all or because it completely breaks once you use barrage with it. An example of this is not being able to punch until you use the Y move.
- SP and RSP's moves (R, T, Y, F, G) got changed once again in 9/24/2020.
- This Stand used to be broken, but has later been fixed after a month.
- The voice clips are taken from the game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Records.
Retro Star Platinum:
- When posing, this Stand plays Jotaro's Theme from the Stardust Crusaders Anime.
- Retro Star Platinum's inspiration comes from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders OVA series and the JoJo arcade game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future.
- This Stand has the same quotes as Star Platinum.
- This Stand and all of its variations have received a new face as of 9/8/2020.
- Retro Star Platinum is often shortened to RSP for simplicity. But in the old times, it would be called SPOVA, before it got the name “Retro” added to it.
- After the recent rework, this version has the same voice and sound effects as its regular version. It has been stated that these are placeholder sounds until they find HFTF sounds.