"There's only one reason why you lost, DIO. One simple answer. You pissed me off." - Jotaro Kujo (Kūjō Jōtarō, 空条 承太郎)
Star Platinum is a close-range stand, but with incredible strength, speed, and precision much like The World. Along with its high-damage dealing moves, it can be considered a powerful Stand when used well. This Stand also has a shiny counterpart: Retro Star Platinum.
This Stand is a part of the Arrow Stand Pool, in which it has a 2% chance (S Tier percentage) of obtaining from a Stand Arrow. As for its shiny, there is a 1% chance (S+ Tier percentage) of obtaining it.
Star Platinum is a humanoid Stand, with the build of a strong human. Its has long hair that flows to the back of its head, with a golden headband keeping it in position. It has dark shades below its eyes and on some parts of its face, making it so that the head and eyes are distinguishable.
Its skin and appearance often surround the color scheme of purple, blue, and small bits of gold on its armour, legs, knees, and headband. It also wears a red scarf around its neck.
As for its shiny, Retro Star Platinum, both Stands have the same figure/physical appearance. However, the difference lies in the color scheme of the Stand, as it is mostly interpreted as being composed of pale colors like its light blue skin and it overall having a blue color covering it, while its emblem is red. Unlike its normal version, it wears a light blue scarf, matching its skin.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|Star Platinum and its user take 85% less damage from projectiles fired from guns while blocking.|
|All attacks still hit players during counter moves and dodge moves, however it will only have the effects without damage.|
|Star Platinum throws a flurry of 40 punches with incredible speed, dealing a superior amount of damage. While Star Platinum is using this move, it will slowly move itself foward. Lasts for about 6 seconds. Hits push enemies away and cause them to be caught in place.|
|Star Platinum will stay in front of its user and punch the opponent with his right hand, dealing superior damage and a huge knockback. This also can possibly hit multiple times.|
|The user dashes foward and kicks the opponent, dealing great damage and knockback. This move does not ragdoll the enemy. You can do this move without your stand out. This has a chance to hit twice. This shares the same cooldown as the Aerial Kick.|
|While in air, the player quickly dashes forwards, kicking the first enemy that they come in contact with while at the same time knocking them back and dealing moderate damage. You can do this move without your stand out. This move shares the same cooldown as the Kick.|
|The user drinks some sweet Soda and regenerates some HP. You cannot move during this move. This move can be done without your stand out. This move has a 2.5 second animation.|
|Similar to King Crimson's Severing Chop, Star Platinum starts to charge a powerful punch. Depending on how long the user charges, the damage will vary. The arm will also start to flash white when it starts charging and purple when it is fully charged.
The amount of damage the user will do depends on the amount of time the move is charged for. After charging for 3 seconds, this move can deal around 60 or more damage. After 5 seconds of charge time, Star Platinum will automatically release its punch, dealing 75 damage, the maximum and peak amount of damage this move can do.
Note: You do not need to hold down the F button in order to charge.
|Star Platinum will perform a fast uppercut that deals great damage and knocks back the opponent into the sky.|
|This ability can only be activated when time is stopped on the server. When the key is pressed, the opponent who timestopped will freeze in time, and the user will gain control over their timestop. A taunt will play and ownership will be shifted. This discards the remaining timestop time and lasts for 5 seconds. This can be overridden as well.
Note: This ability can only be used when the user is above 31% health.
|Star Platinum moves faster than light, creating the affect that time has stopped. This lasts for 3 seconds and can only be used while under 30% health. This replaces the override, meaning that a Star Platinum user cannot override on low health.|
|Teleport to where your cursor is pointing at. The range is around 25 studs. This move can allow for sudden attacks and different combos for this stand. This ability can also help the user instantly teleport to the roof of a building.|
T - Star Finger
Star Platinum extends its fingers and quickly hits the foe with them, dealing good damage with a range of 10 studs. This move has low knockback and can stun, this will blur the screen of the inflicted. This ragdolls said opponent for a short while. This move got replaced by Powerful Kick.
Y + Cursor - Star Breaker
Star Platinum homes in on the enemy, indicated by the user's crosshair. Star Platinum then proceeds to deliver a powerful strike towards said enemy, dealing a significant amount of damage and some knockback. This ragdolls the opponent for a short while. This move got replaced by Soda.
Note: Star Platinum: The World still has this move.
F - Star Pull
Star Platinum uses his right arm to pull the target towards it by punching them in the back. This move is similar to Star Platinum (Stone Ocean)'s H move and deals moderate damage. (Can allow combos). This move was replaced by Charged ORA Punch.
F - Timestop
Star Platinum stops time for 3 seconds. This moved got reworked and is now usable below 30% of the user's health.
J - Three Page ORA/Steely Dan Beatdown
Star Platinum punches the opponent then starts relentlessly barraging them, dealing a massive amount of damage. Star Platinum charges one last powerful strike that has an extremely vital knockback, the downside to this is you need to be lower than 55 HP, this move can bug out a lot.
Note: This cannot be used on Menacing Dummies and only players. If used on a menacing dummy, Star Platinum will punch twice.
V - Iggy Throw
Star Platinum pulls out Iggy and lunges him towards the enemy. The impact of Iggy hitting a target deals with a superior amount of damage. Iggy travels at a fast speed and on collision, This is a similar move to Star Platinum (Stone Ocean)'s Spear Throw (T). This move got replaced by Timestop Teleport.
The player pulls out DIO's Diary and holds it up to the air. After a short time, Star Platinum will ascend Over Heaven, granting the player the stand Star Platinum: Over Heaven. When the diary is used on Retro Star Platinum, there is no animation, it will instantly grant you Retro Star Platinum (Over Heaven). It is not recommended to do this as the stand is very slow and is not very good compared to Star Platinum.
General Combat Knowledge:
The ORA Barrage is an excellent source of DPS and can be used to stun lock the target, and is even better when followed up with an ORA Strike or another high-power finisher. Star Finger is useful to use when you want to attack enemies at a slightly larger range or to tackle runners. Similar to Zoom Punch, It lacks the knock-back of ORA Strike, but it's still capable of ragdolling opponents hit by it, allowing you to stun them and run away or come closer to beat them up. While sounding ridiculous, Iggy Throw is one of the highest damaging moves in Star Platinum's move set. Despite being a very slow projectile, it deals enough damage to make a target feel slightly overwhelmed. It is also able to hit rag-dolled enemies, making it a good move to pair up with Star Finger if you use it after downing the opponent. When fighting a stand with Time Stop, wait for them to get close to you, then use your TS movement to run away or strike back. If you miss the stand jump to avoid time stop, you can just use your Time Stop movement.
While it has immense brute force, Star Platinum's time stop movement can be considered the shortest "Time Stop" in the game, so you don't have much time to work with when you use it. Considering Time Stop is easily avoidable by blocking within it or simply jumping away from it, ideally, it should be saved for when you know your opponent is cornered.
Star Platinum itself boasts out very mighty attacks, very good combos are available for this stand. Here are a few ways to counter Star Platinum.
- Speed. Speedy stands/specs like Shadow The World (STW) and Kars can counter it. Star Platinum's barrage deals incredible damage for STW, but you can counter with H(stand mode: on). Star Platinum's heavy attacks need some time to wind up, by that time STW can simply knock him out of his range with E (any mode). Keeping Star Platinum rag-dolled will turn him into combo food, or just aggressively attack him and he won't be able to catch up with your speed. Kars can just simply knock and rag-doll Star Platinum and combo him, however, remember to use F when you are stuck in a barrage, blocking is not a bad idea though.
Predictability. Star Platinum is known to be very predictable with what it's going to do. This can be used to the advantage of the opponent, for example, stands that have counter moves like Made in Heaven can use the counter move to counter the R, T, and Y and on top of that get close.
- T + Hold E (Medium)
- R + T
- T + R/F/G (Medium)
- V + R/F/G (Easy)
- V + T + R/F/G (Medium)
- R/G + V + E + T + R (Hard)
- H (Low health)+ R+ F+ F (Quickly) (Medium)
- T + G (Easy)
- E + R + Space + T + G + F (Charge as long as possile) + T + R (Hard)
Pros and Cons:
- Good combo potential.
- Great damage output.
- Some moves have chances to double hit leading to godly amounts of damage.
- Obliterate any close-ranged stand with similar speed feats.
- Can steal other players' time stops.
- Barrage does more damage than other similar stands, like The World.
- Bullets do almost nothing to you, as long as you block.
- Has a good defense (block reduces damage by 75%).
- Has a healing move
- Unpredictable time stop due to not having a startup animation.
- Kick is a great combo starter
- High knockback makes it hard to make follow-up attacks.
- Very close-range stand, meaning abilities with spammable or multiple ranged attacks can easily beat a Star Platinum user.
- You cannot move while drinking soda.
- The teleporting move has a higher cooldown than other teleporting moves like STW's Stand on V and SPSO's V.
- Kick has a long cooldown.
- Healing has a long cooldown and leaves you vulnerable.
- Cannot override timestop when on low health.
- Timestop can be overriden by other Star Platinum users. Any other Timestop stand that can move in timestop can partially negate overriding it.
- While posing (P), the song Star Platinum By Jin Hashimoto from JoJo Anthology Song Series will play, It is from the anthology series.
- Voice lines: To play the voice lines press N. Star Platinum's voice lines are: "I feel no pity for you at all...", "You really ticked me off...", "Yare Yare Daze..", "My stand will be the judge..", and "I, [user's username], will beat you to a bloody pulp."
- It is often referred to as Star Platinum Prime or Star Platinum 3, although it has never been called that officially in-game. The former is likely due to Project JoJo calling the standard Star Platinum version from Stardust Crusaders as Star Platinum (Prime). The latter is from Stardust Crusaders being part 3 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- Star Platinum is often shortened to SP or SP3 for simplicity.
- Upon dying, the user says:" T-This... Power!"! (この..パワー.) (K-Kono... Pawāwa..!), this death voice clip is also shared with Star Platinum (Stone Ocean), Star Platinum Over Heaven, and Star Platinum: The World.
- The sounds for Star Platinum are clean voice clips from the anime voice actor, Daisuke Ono.
- This is one of the few stands where the quote says the username of the player, alongside Gold Experience.
- SP received a rework on 9/12/2020, with new movesets and a new model.
- Star Platinum does not actually have a cooldown on its Q move, meaning you can bring the stand out and back in faster than other stands in-game.
- Both variants of the T move might be a reference to HFTF.
Retro Star Platinum:
- As of a recent update, when posing, this stand plays Jotaro's Theme from the Stardust Crusaders Anime.
- Retro Star Platinum's inspiration comes from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders OVA series and the JoJo arcade game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future.
- This stand's quotes are: "Your judge will be my stand.", "Good grief...", and "You ticked me off..."
- This stand and all of its variations have received a new face as of 9/8/2020.
- Retro Star Platinum is often shortened to RSP for simplicity. But in the old times, it would be called SPOVA, before it got the name “Retro” added to it.
- After the recent rework, this version has the same voice and sound effects as its regular version. It has been stated that these are placeholder sounds until they find HFTF sounds.
Press "Expand" to see the audio gallery for Star Platinum.
Star Platinum using ORA Barrage.
Star Platinum usingHeavy ORA Punch.
Star Platinum using Powerful Kick/Sudden Kick.
Star Platinum using Charged ORA Punch.
Star Platinum using Platinum Uppercut.
Star Platinum using Timestop.
Star Platinum using Stand Jump.
Star Platinum using Timestop Teleport.
"I, [user's username], will beat you to a bloody pulp."
"Yare Yare Daze.."
"I feel no pity for you at all..."
"You really ticked me off..."
"My stand will be the judge.."
Star Platinum's stand out audio.