"Toss it! Believe in Spin! The power of rotation is limitless! Trust in that!" - Gyro Zeppeli (Jairo Tseperi, ジャイロ・ツェペリ )
The Spin is a supernatural phenomenon wielded by Gyro Zeppeli and Johnny Joestar, the protagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run. Spin is a spec that can be bought from Gyro Zeppeli for $10,000. He is next to the tree close to where the Dojo is.
Said simply, Spin is used to rotate objects or even people (like a steel ball run in this case). That rotational energy that spin produces, is then transferred to nearby objects (the steel balls) in the form of vibrations which is then thrown at the target in order to deal damage.
Spin doesn't have much of a physical appearance, except for two pouches carrying steel balls on both of the player's hips. However, when the user shoots its steel balls, a green object is shot out, with it being a steel ball. Once the ball is shot out, the projectile will leave a green trail behind it with a small green glow showing once the target is hit.
Moves like the Spin-Infused Jab, Water Channeling, and the Golden Spin Energy all have their own effects when activated.
Similar to the visual effects of the steel balls, the user will build up a green glow in his hands before hitting the target. With water channeling, the user builds up a spiral of light blue water with its hands and Golden Spin Energy makes its user have a gold aura surrounding him/her while its steel balls glow gold instead of green.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|The player will passively regenerate health equivalent to Hamon's regeneration.|
|A basic, Spin-infused punch that does pitiful damage.|
|The player throws a steel ball from their left hand towards where their cursor is facing. On a hit, the ball will deal moderate damage. Any headshots will deal 1.25x damage.|
|Same as the Left Steel Ball, but instead you throw it with your right hand.|
|The player charges their right arm with spin energy and throws a hefty hook forwards. Any opponents hit by this spin-charged fist will twist around for 2 seconds, effectively being stunned. This comes at the cost of the impact dealing only a pitiful amount of damage.|
|The User spins water in front of them, creating a shield of water. Anything (including projectiles) that hits the water will get deflected.
Note: this will not work against OHs and GERs
|Any steel balls thrown by the player that has not yet hit a target will be held in the air for a short moment, and will then fire themselves towards the player's cursor.|
|The player focuses their spin energy and grants themselves infinite energy for 7.5 seconds. During this time, all spin-related attacks will deal 1.5x damage.|
|The player will fill his/her legs with spin energy. then use the spin energy to jump high into the air|
The player pulls out the corpse to the air. After a short time, It'll grant him the Tusk. The player would need to keep using the Holy Corpse on Tusk until it reaches its final form: Tusk ACT4.
(???) - Ball Breaker
Nothing much is known about Ball Breaker, but for now its unreleased.
- R > F > Q > E > Q > E Medium/Hard
- T > R > Z > Q/E Medium/Hard
- Q/E > Q/E > Q/E > Y Medium/Hard
Spin is a supernatural phenomenon used to rotate objects like a spinning top. It is a state of rotation defined by its closeness to perfection, that perfection being The Golden Rectangle, more specifically the Golden Spiral that is derived from the rectangle and is (mathematically) an endless spiral. Unlike the average rotation, the Spin is persistent and produces more rotational energy than it takes to create.
The Spin can be applied to a variety of objects. Examples include corks, bullets, water, or typically any object on which there is an axis around which the object can rotate well. Many experts in the art of spin (ie Gyro Zeppeli) use Steel Balls which are said to be the best and most versatile objects to use. The Super Spin represents the most faithful emulation of the golden spiral humanly possible. Developed in the Middle Ages to bypass the shield and armor of mounted knights, stirrups were invented to harness the power of a running horse. The horseman must let the horse run with the force of the Golden Rectangle, meaning it must gallop at its most natural speed. At this perfect pace, the horse spontaneously creates the energy of the Spin.
The Spin has been long studied as a human anatomical corrective and medical treatment by the Napoletani Zeppeli Family, doctors renowned throughout Italy but also royal executioners of the King of Naples. They employ a generalist form of the Spin with Steel Balls thrown at targets, granting them a wide array of uses, although their careers orient them toward affecting the human body. One must also know the human body extremely well to exploit the effects of the Spin on people to the fullest. For instance, the Zeppeli Family are trained as surgeons to use the Spin on criminals on death row, otherwise, the Spin may only result in a simple enhancement of destructive energy. Others like the members of Naples' royal guard only use a highly specialized application of the Spin on the human body.
Other Uses of Spin:
- It can be used to flatten limbs and the body to fit them into tight places.
- It can be used to shave hair.
- On one occasion, Gyro uses spin to wring water out of his body.
- It can be used to sing Gyro's Pizza Mozzarella song.
- It can be used to twist objects out of your path
- The vibrations of the Steel Balls can be used to remotely visualize and affect objects.
- Spin can also give you the ability to turn your hands in razor-sharp claws that work similarly to a chainsaw.
- Spin can elongate parts and mess with an enemy's body.
- Golden Spin Energy can bypass Timestop, and D4C's Love Train (RTZ is excluded, as even infinity can be reset to zero).
- Spin originally cost 50k lire and you could get it from the far corner of the old map.
- This spec used to not have a pose.
- Voicelines: "Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella rella rella." and "The shortest route was a detour."
- Spin is required to obtain Tusk (Johnny's stand) and maybe Ball Breaker (Gyro's stand) in the future.
- It is believed that this spec will have the steel balls swirling around itself.
- Tusk is confirmed to be added, And it has been added on Saturday, May 23rd of 2020
- The rework of spin was released on 5/25/2020.
- Some players who have Spin cannot attack. This bug will eventually be fixed.
- Spin is basically the alternative universe Hamon.
- It used to have a quote that says *Epic Music* which played a song called "You Spin Me Right Round".
- The balls can also bypass blocks, thus making it easier to deal with Sheer Heart Attacks or players blocking.
- The attacks have a lime green trail that changes to yellow (gold) when gold spin energy is activated.
- Kars, Samurai, and Spin are the only spec/stand that can't hide their specs/stands, so you don't need to check to see what ability they're owning.
- You can solo Funny Valentine with spin. All you need to do is stand on the lamp post, and throw steel balls at FV.
- When the user Poses, it plays the "Pizza Mozzarella" song.