"Soft & Wet... When my soap bubbles pop, they take something away from you." - Josuke Higashikata, JoJolion (Higashikata Jōsuke, 東方 定助 )
It possesses enhanced strength and is also capable of extremely rapid hand-to-hand combat. However, its main ability includes the power to create bubbles with different effects, such as the ability to steal the friction of an opponent.
Soft & Wet is a humanoid Stand of a streamlined, robotic form, and light in color. On the top of its head is a five-pointed star bound with a circle. Horns roughly two-thirds the width of its head grow from the region of the ears, shaped as tapering pentagrammic prisms. It has round eyes, shaped as slotted screw heads; vertically dividing very small, slight, round pupils. Its face has a thick gap running from the top of the forehead past the bottom of the chin. Initially, Soft & Wet had large holes in the sides of its face, and shorter, lined "horns".
The front of two broad plates covering its torso is cut like its face in the shape of a large anchor; as well as in a line beneath both arms and between the base of its back and shoulders. Its feet and hands are covered with plating, as are the sides of its hips and shoulders, both of which are shaped like sharp hearts and bear a five-pointed star.
It has fine arms and legs, with dark, exposed ball-and-socket joints supported by short exterior cables. Its pelvis is bare and mechanical. The gaps in its plating reveal a deeper surface, covered in a fine pattern of horizontal ridges. An internal structure is visible at its profile, showing blocks approximating human centers of mass.
|ORA Kicks||Soft and Wet kicks barrages at a high speed dealing 6 damage per hit. Sometimes the stand cry will be changed to "ARA" instead of "ORA", which is a result of the fusion with Josefumi. Block is also active during the barrage allowing this barrage to counter most attacks and allows the user to attack risk-free. This barrage is relatively short compared to other stands.|
|Soft and Wet performs a back kick that does superior damage and high knockback. It does specifically 55 damage.|
|Blinding Bubble||Soft and Wet sends out a star-embedded bubble that steals the opponent's sight on contact and makes them completely blind for 8 seconds. When blinded, this leaves a chance to defeat them.
Note: T and Y share the same cooldown.
|Soft and Wet sends out a star-embedded bubble that on contact, steals the water within the opponent's body, which dehydrates them. This results in weakness, which slows the opponent down.
Note: T and Y share the same cooldown.
|Soft and Wet sends out a Star-embedded bubble. When it hits, It traps and slightly raises the opponent, while also disabling their moveset. This can lead to very easy wins in team fights, however the Barrage hitbox for Soft and Wet is not high enough to hit targets in the bubble.
Note: This Attack can Bypass LT
|Soft and Wet sends out a large bubble that explodes after a short amount of time. The bubble removes the friction from the ground in a large area, making the ground slippery and making people in the area slide around. If the bubble contacts someone, it removes that person's friction as well, resulting in them being unable to stand up for a short amount of time. If you are near, you will trip, unless you are using Soft & Wet.|
|Upon holding X, Soft and Wet moves closer to the user and creates a protective bubble around the user and the stand. The blocking capability is comparable to over heaven stands as to make this block not so OP it lasts for 5 seconds while also making the player slower when using it.|
|Upon pressing Z, Soft and Wet moves closer to the user and forms a bubble. The user now floats up at a slow speed, but can also move around in the air, effectively levitating. This can be canceled by pressing Z a second time.|
Y - Stand bubble: Bounce
Soft and Wet sends out a star-embedded bubble that on contact, makes the opponent bouncy.
Pros And Cons
- Good damage.
- Good Durability.
- Good movement options.
- Plenty of ranged options.
- Good matchups against a lot of stands.
- Slow startup on many moves.
- Bubbles are slow.
- Few melee attacks.
- Requires proper use of different bubbles to be used effectively.
- Requires proper distancing to be used effectively.
General Combat Knowledge:
Soft and Wet, a close-medium range stand has a good amount of durability and a wide moveset. It can be used in a stealth ambush or a hand to hand 1v1. Your Z is something that can be good to use for speed or an escape. For example, Z to R or Z to E can make an easy hit, but with a long cool down. If you hit your F, that's an easy win. However, do notice that while your opponents are encased, you cannot hit them with your rush because they will miss completely. Your E and R are pretty strong if you want to escape safely; blocking fast while on the Softcopter.
Not only can soft and wet be used as an excellent offense tool, it can also be used as a Quick getaway by using Softcopter. It is a defensive tool as well, by using Bubble Shield and the Blinding Bubble, which could also be used as a getaway tool.
Soft and Wet has malleable uses in combat, you can easily be defensive and offensive in a battle at the same time using Z to gaining speed and H to cover the area while your other moves stay in cooldown. If you have enough mastery, you can win fights with a good amount of health left, like 78% or 98%. It's meant to wait for opponent actions like heavy punches or barrages just to counter it. Good aim is somewhat important for this stand. (Projectiles are slow and its more effectively used at a close-medium range.) If you’re bad at aiming, try playing a gun game. And yes, you can do Z - F. You can use it for combos, or use H to trip them and use F. T can be good for running away or an easy attack. Y can be good for an easy hit like it says. X is a very useful counterattack, as the X move has an over heaven block capacity, you can use X to make your foe's E or R move useless, then use your own attacks on them. The F move itself deals 50-74 damage, so if your R is still in cooldown, the F move can still kill most stands that have red health in a 1v1.
- Z (if needed) > Y > E > R Basic and easy
- R > F > Y Basic and Easy
- H > Z > R > F > T Hard
- Y > T > E > H > (wait) > F Medium
- H > F > R > Y > T Medium
- H > F > T > Y > E > R Medium
- F > (Any Move) Easy
- Z > X (land on any obstacle and jump) (press x twice) will make you fly higher.
- Z > E(Optional) > R > (move forward to the person you kicked) > F (While they're ragdolled)
- T > F > R Easy
- Z(Optional) > Y/T > F > H > R Hard
- Y > F > R Easy
- Z > (Fly Up and get close to your opponent) > R (Use R Mid-Air, when you are directly above your opponent) > H > F > T > R Hard (Remember, you should cancel your H move if the opponent does not approach you)
- There is a glitch where if you use a Rokakaka Fruit while using The Softcopter, you will gain very low gravity on your character that cannot be removed unless if you rejoin or quit, and the low gravity is stronger than C-moon's. Even if you don’t jump, walking on a slab will make you float. (However, this is bannable).
- Another glitch is that when you press H on top of an object (such as a hill or a lamp), you can walk above land. this used to be used on the Angelo Rock, but as it is now removed, people have found other places to perform the glitch
- Soft & Wet has a glitch in which it can counter GER's Return to Zero move with its bubbles. However, this has been patched.
- Voicelines: To play a voiceline, all you need to is press N. S&W's voicelines are: "OK!", "When my bubbles pop, they take something away from you" and "Who are you?!"
- The name "Soft and Wet" is a reference to the song Soft and Wet made by American songwriter Prince.
- When you pose with Soft And Wet, small bubble particles appear around the stand and the user.
- If you use Softcopter and then any other attack, Soft And Wet defies all gravity and goes as high as it can until Softcopter is over. (This is useful to get to the Ocean Missile Silo)
- Soft & Wet was featured in the Easter Egg Hunt as Soft & Scrambled.
- Despite the stand having a B in Destructive Power, Its Kick barrage power is comparable to The World Over Heaven's, and its Kick move (R) (55 dmg) is stronger than an Over Heaven's R (45 dmg).
- Its punch and kick attacks feature a blue impact.
- You can still attack while using The Softcopter.
- Not jumping while using The Softcopter is also a good option to escape, as it grants you a speed boost while walking.
- Soft And Wet has been given pose music as of the recent update.
- Soft And Wet is the only JoJolion stand to date, but there is a possibility that others may come in the future