"I don't care how many more of my comrades bite the dust. I'll just kill that many more to make up for it." - Samurai (Bushi, 武士)
Samurai is a close-ranged Spec which can be acquired by completing the quest of Samurai teacher.
A distinguished property of this Spec is the unmatched speed boost and a great amount of destruction it provides for the user, as well as a unique run animation to go with it, making it one of the fastest and most powerful specs in the game.
To obtain this spec, the player must deal 1,000 damage with No Abilities, 2,000 damage with the stand Anubis, and finally 150,000 damage with the Sword spec. After completing all of these objectives/quests, the Samurai Teacher will grant the user the Samurai spec.
The Samurai spec takes the shape of a simplistic Katana, a Japanese sword characterized by a curved, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate two hands.
It has gold and black designs on the guard, a sharp blade, and black and white designs on the handle. The katana is generally defined as the standard sized, somewhat curved.
It is characterized by its distinctive appearance: a curved, slender, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate two hands.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|The user of this spec gains an incredible speed boost.|
|The user of this spec can’t attack unless their katana is unsheathed. This passive is also shared with Anubis.|
|Due to the Samurai spec involving a lot of time and training to obtain, this can’t be traded for other stands or specs.|
|The user swings their katana. You can use Samurai Dash while using this move.|
|The user sheathes their katana and quickly unsheathes it, casting a thin, blade-like projectile.|
|The user drives their katana forward at the enemy, launching them backward due to the sheer force of the blow. You can use Samurai Dash while using this move.|
|The user enhances their senses, and they can’t be hit by any regular attacks for 3 seconds. However, they gain a jump height and movement speed boost and can still attack freely during this period.|
|The user sheathes their katana. After a short delay, they jump up and dash forward with incredible speed, unsheathing their katana. Anybody hit by their blade will be stunned temporarily and take massive damage after a short delay. This skill also pierces shields.|
|The user kneels down and lodges their katana into the ground, creating a defensive aura around them. Any damage that can’t break blocks will be negated and 20% of that damage will be drained. Causing the Samurai user to heal. You can‘t move while using this move, and you can’t cancel this move once you’ve activated it. This move requires timing.|
|The user dashes like a true samurai, covering a great amount of ground with a shorter cooldown than a normal roll.|
E - Inner Focus
The user sheathes their katana for a bit, and then shows a red circle, whoever is in the red circle will be damaged and the user will teleport to the target(s)
When fighting against a Samurai User, it is extremelly important to keep your distance. Samurai users are extremely short range, It's only ranged move is E (Blossom Breaker). Stands with lots of mobility options like Made in Heaven and C-Moon will destroy this spec easily. F (Petal Cleave) does a lot of damage, however it can be easily dodgeble if you time your roll with the Petal Cleave.
Samurai users are extremely vulnerable when their T (Senses Enhancement) runs out. For most of the time, Samurai users will try to run until their T is ready to be used again. Make sure to deal as much damage as you can when they have their T off.
- LMB + LMB + LMB (basic combo)
- C + R + F + E (Very Powerful)
- LMB + LMB + E (basic combo w/ ranged attack)
- R + E (close and long-range combo)
- E + R + F (finisher combo)
- F + E + R + LMB + LMB (alternative finisher combo)
- C + R + E (if the enemy is running)
- R + C or C + R (A trick attack. Usable with the enemy within range)
- R + F (execute combo) (Must be fast to press F after the opponent were hit by R)
- T + LMB + Quick C (basic attack. Use when trying to avoid barrage or while skill cooldown deal decent damage but effective)
- X + C (use it while dealing with Gold Experience Requiem while you're stunned)
- T + C (Use to dodge enemy barrage that makes you slow/etc)
- Space + C + T(Optional) (use to avoid enemy barrage or some projectile move)
- R + (wait just for 1 second) + C + (C forwards then turn around) + F + (turn around) + E (complicated and super powerful if all shots are landed)
- C + E (easy)
- R + E + C + F (F needs to be aimed well for this combo to work) + 3x LMB (or just until they die)
Pros and Cons:
- Good damage.
- Good movement, very good if "sense enhancement" is enabled.
- Good ranged attack.
- Good moves for knockback/distancing.
- Shield of the sword allows you to tank even the most damaging barrages.
- Good to deal with runners.
- Great speed.
- Lacks a diverse moveset.
- Struggles when opponent outpaces and/or has better movement.
- Ranged attack has a decently long cooldown.
- Horrible defense.
- Moves are very easily dodged by rolling.
- Lacks mobility. Basically lacks height control.
- Seems to be very underrated in combat similar to Shadow The World
- Samurai used to be a tournament-won only spec before the Data Reset, making it the rarest spec in the game.
- It is the only spec with a - (minus) symbol, but not the only ability in-game with one, as King Crimson: Alternate Universe has one as well.
- This spec used to have a shadow like humanoid trail when Sense Enhancement is on for a cooler effect, it is now removed due to the major lag it was causing. The same is true for Petal Cleave but with a glowing white humanoid trail.
- You can get this spec back after you've reset by buying a Sword again and talking to Samurai Teacher.
- The character that appears when using Samurai's F move is the Kanji for "death" (死, Shi).
- As of the 8/8/2020, Samurai now has a pose and pose music, upon posing, it plays the theme of Samurai Jack, a cartoon.
- Samurai is confirmed to get a rework.