- 1 "I don't care how many more of my comrades bite the dust. I'll just kill that many more to make up for it." - Samurai (Bushi, 武士)
"I don't care how many more of my comrades bite the dust. I'll just kill that many more to make up for it." - Samurai (Bushi, 武士)
Samurai is a non-canon, close-ranged Spec which can be obtained by completing the quest given by the Samurai Teacher NPC.
A distinguished property of this Spec is the unmatched speed boost and a great amount of destruction it provides for the user, as well as a unique run animation to go with it, making it one of the fastest and most powerful specs in the game.
To obtain this spec, the player must deal 1,000 damage with No Abilities, 2,000 damage with the stand Anubis, and finally 150,000 damage with the Sword spec. After completing all of these objectives/quests, the Samurai Teacher will grant the user the Samurai spec in an exchange for a normal Sword. Do note that the Shiny Sword can be used to deal more damage but cannot be traded in for the Samurai spec.
The Samurai spec takes the shape of a simplistic Japanese sword (most likely a Ninjatō or a Chokutō), characterized by a straight, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate for two hands.
It has gold and black designs on the guard, a sharp blade, and black and white designs on the handle. When the ability "Senses Enhancement" is used, the blade of the user will glow a bright white color, with pink pedals flowing behind the sword.
It is important to note that it is not a katana, due to the fact that the blade and scabbard in-game are straight. In contrast, katanas have curved blades.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|The user of this spec has a boosted walkspeed of 21 (from 16).|
|The user of this spec can't attack unless their sword is unsheathed. This passive is also shared with Anubis.|
|Due to the Samurai spec involving a lot of time and training to obtain, this can't be traded for other stands or specs.|
|The user swings their sword. You can use Samurai Dash while using this move.|
|The user sheathes their sword and quickly unsheathes it, casting a thin, blade-like projectile, then proceeds to cast yet another.|
|The user drives their sword forward at the enemy, launching them backward due to the sheer force of the blow. You can use Samurai Dash while using this move.|
|The user enhances their senses, and their body undergoes various physical and cosmetic changes for 10 seconds. While active, the user's walkspeed is boosted to 30 (from 21), their jump height is boosted by an unknown degree, and they can still attack freely.|
|The user swings its sword and slashes the enemy, launching them upwards but not forward. You can use Samurai Dash while using this move. This move is similar to Sharp Strike.|
|The user sheathes their sword. After a short delay, they jump up and dash forward with incredible speed, unsheathing their sword. Anybody hit by their blade will be stunned temporarily and take massive damage after a short delay. This skill also pierces shields.|
|The user kneels down and lodges their sword into the ground, creating a defensive aura around them. All non-bypassing damage is nullified and converted into health at a rate of 5 damage/1 HP, causing the Samurai user to heal. You can't move while using this move, and you can't cancel this move once you've activated it. This move requires timing.|
|The user dashes like a true samurai, covering a great amount of ground with a shorter cooldown than a normal roll.|
When fighting against a Samurai User, it is extremely important to keep your distance. Samurai users are extremely short range, It's only ranged move is E (Blossom Breaker). Stands with lots of mobility options like Made in Heaven and C-Moon will destroy this spec easily. F (Petal Cleave) does a lot of damage, however it can be easily dodgable if you time your roll with the Petal Cleave. Keeping away won't be effective as Samurai's can close the gap very quickly and can go in and out faster than most stands.
Samurai users are extremely vulnerable when their T (Senses Enhancement) runs out. For most of the time, Samurai users will try to run until their T is ready to be used again. Make sure to deal as much damage as you can when they have their T off. But don't expect this to be an easy task as Samurai's can easily evade your attacks using their dash and just jumping.
- LMB + LMB + LMB (basic combo)
- C + R + F + E (Very Powerful)
- LMB + LMB + E (basic combo w/ ranged attack)
- R + E (close and long-range combo)
- E + R + F (finisher combo)
- F + E + R + LMB + LMB (alternative finisher combo)
- C + R + E (if the enemy is running)
- C + Y (Easy)
- C + Y + F (Medium)
- T + C + Y + F (Medium)
- R + C or C + R (A trick attack. Usable with the enemy within range)
- R + F (execute combo) (Must be fast to press F after the opponent were hit by R)
- T + LMB + Quick C (basic attack. Use when trying to avoid barrage or while skill cooldown deal decent damage but effective)
- X + C (use it while dealing with Gold Experience Requiem while you're stunned)
- T + C (Use to dodge enemy barrage that makes you slow/etc)
- Space + C + T(Optional) (use to avoid enemy barrage or some projectile move)
- R + (wait just for 1 second) + C + (C forwards then turn around) + F + (turn around) + E (complicated and super powerful if all shots are landed)
- C + E (easy)
- G + E + R (easy)
- R + E + C + F (F needs to be aimed well for this combo to work) + 3x LMB (or just until they die).
- G + R + F (medium)
- LMB + LMB + E + LMB + LMB + R + C + G + F ( kind of hard, needs timing to work)
Pros and Cons:
- Good consistent damage.
- Good Mobility, very good if Sense Enhancement (T) is enabled.
- Good moves for knockback/distancing.
- Shield of the Sword (X) allows some bonus health regen if timed.
- Good to catch up with faster Stands/Specs.
- Deadly if Petal Cleave (F) is able to be aimed correctly.
- Lacks a diverse moveset.
- Ranged attack has a decently long cooldown.
- Defense requires timing and has a cooldown.
- Moves are very easily dodged by rolling.
- Low durability.
- Samurai used to be a tournament-won only spec before the Data Reset, making it the rarest spec in the game.
- Samurai ( along with Wamuu ) are the only specs in-game with a - (minus) symbol, but not the only abilities in-game with one, as King Crimson: Alternate Universe has one as well.
- This spec used to have a shadow like humanoid trail when Sense Enhancement is on for a cooler effect, it is now removed due to the major lag it was causing. The same is true for Petal Cleave but with a glowing white humanoid trail.
- You can get this spec back after you've reset by buying a Sword again and talking to Samurai Teacher.
- The character that appears when using Samurai's F move is the Kanji for "death" (死, Shi).
- As of the 8/8/2020, Samurai now has a pose and pose music, upon posing, it plays the theme of Samurai Jack, a cartoon.
- Samurai is confirmed to get a rework.
- If the user presses X (shield) + P (pose), the user can move while using the shield.
- You cannot pose if your sword is sheathed.
- Due to the running animation, it is harder to walk up to a ladder and start climbing.