"The true nature of 'The World's power far beyond your meager understanding!" - DIO Part 3 (DIO, ディオ)
Retro The World, often shortened to RTW and also known as The World OVA, is a Shiny variant of The World. It shares the same move set from its counterpart. The only two differences are the voice lines, and appearance. It was shown in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (OVA) and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future
This Stand can be obtained by using a Stand Arrow on the user with a precise 0.2% chance to get among all Stands, or in other words, a relative 20% chance from the 1% (S+ Tier) chance Arrow's Stand Pool.
Retro The World is a humanoid stand and has a tall and very muscular build. It bears a striking resemblance to DIO in terms of clothing and its muscular build.
It wears a headpiece covering its lips to below the place of its nose, slanting at a steep angle from the base of its forehead to a peak situated above the rear of its head by about half its height, leaving the face of an inverted triangle visible to the front; somewhat similar to the Red Crown of Egypt. The back of its hands bears the shape of a clock with similar emblems on both its shoulders and hips. Its chin and belt region are decorated with hearts, while its knees are capped with heart-shaped pads.
The main color scheme of Retro The World is Pear color, gray and golden. Golden is for the hearts placed around on the Stand. On its back are twin diving cylinders, connected via short twin ridged cables to the rear of its mask; perhaps secured by thick, ridged, or puffed straps running from the rear of its waist over both its shoulders to its front. This color palette was also shown in the 1993 Stardust Crusaders OVA.
|MUDA Barrage||Retro The World assaults the target with an array of extremely fast punches or kicks. Its power and speed are comparable to that of Star Platinum's.
There is a 50/50 chance of this move to be a punching or kicking barrage. The kicking barrage can hit grounded foes.
|MUDA Strike||Retro The World strikes the enemy with a fast, incredibly powerful punch. That deals great knockback and ragdolls the enemy.|
|Knife Throw||The player throws a knife. This move is ideally used to pick off enemies from long distances. The knife will do incredible amounts of damage if thrown close to the victim during Time Stop.|
Cursor on target +
|Impaling Thrust||The World stops time very briefly and thrusts its fist into the target with incredible force, sending the target flying in the direction in which they were facing.|
|Timestop||Retro The World stops time while the player shouts "THE WORLD! Toki wo tomare!..." This freezes all users and projectiles in the server for up to 5 seconds. Any damage you deal will stack up and take effect when time resumes. It can be hard to kill within the Timestop if the opponent has A or higher durability.
Note: Stands such as Made in Heaven or Gold Experience Requiem can simply eliminate your time stop, causing time to resume.
|Stand Jump||Shared with many other stands. Leap high into the air with the help of your stand, covers good horizontal and vertical distance.|
- R > Y > E Medium
- Y > T Easy
- R > T Easy
- F > T > F (Cancel the move so it can pierce) Medium
- R > E (Has to be kicking, not punching) Easy
- F > T > R > F > Y > E (If the person is thrown into a wall.) Very Hard
- F > E > R Medium
- T > Y > R > F > E Hard
- Y > R > F > E(Hold) Medium
Pros and Cons:
- Good damage output.
- Y move is unavoidable.
- Time stop.
- Reduced moveset.
- Time stop's length might not be enough to kill opponents with high durability.
- Except for the Y move, all attacks are slightly predictable, similar to Star Platinum.
- Voicelines: to play voice lines press N. RTW's voicelines are: "This is the greatest high!", "You are next.", and, "Menacing laugh..."
- The colors from Retro The World are based on the 1993 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders OVA and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future.
- The sound effects of Retro The World came from the 1993 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders OVA and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future.
- When you roll, it plays a voice line ("Hmph.").
- Upon dying, the user yells, "IYAAAAA.."
- This stands evolved form TWGH cannot evolve with camera
- When posing it will play JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes Of heaven OST - Heaven Ascension DIO Battle BGM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_pg53dBMXk