"You ticked me off..." '- Jotaro Kujo (Kūjō Jōtarō, 空条 承太郎)
Retro Star Platinum is the shiny version of Star Platinum and is the stand of Jotaro Kujo, a playable character in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for The Future, and the protagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (OVA)
This Stand can be obtained by using a Stand Arrow on the user with a precise 0.2% chance to get among all Stands, or in other words, a relative 20% chance from the 1% (S+ Tier) chance Arrow's Stand Pool.
Retro Star Platinum has the same figure/physical appearance as regular Star Platinum. However, the difference lies in the color scheme of the stand, as it is mostly interpreted as being composed of pale colors like its light blue skin and it overall having a blue color covering it. The emblem for the stand is red as well.
Retro Star Platinum uses inspiration from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders OVA series and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future, a Jojo fighting game made and developed by CAPCOM. This Stand uses the voice lines from Heritage For The Future and has the quotes from Jotaro's taunts too.
This stand used to be called "Star Platinum OVA" as it represents the Star Platinum from the OVA but was later changed to Retro Star Platinum since it was more based on the old arcade game, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future.
|ORA Barrage||Retro Star Platinum assaults the target with a super-speed barrage of punches of superior power. While using this move, your walk speed will decrease slightly.|
|ORA Strike||Retro Star Platinum punches the opponent with his right hand, dealing incredible damage and knockback. Also when doing this move, you hear a different punch sound.|
|Star Finger||Retro Star Platinum extends its fingers and quickly hits the foe with them, dealing good damage with a range of 10 studs and blurs the enemy's screen for a few seconds. This move has low knockback and can stun.|
|Iggy Throw||Star Platinum pulls out Iggy and lunges him towards the enemy. The impact of Iggy hitting a target deals with a godly amount of damage. The closer you are to the target, the more damage it deals. Although this move does incredible damage, it has a rather slow travel time, making it easy to dodge. This had the same animation as Star Platinum: Stone Ocean spear throw.|
This move allows the user to move in other people's time-stop for 4 to 5 seconds at any time. After that amount of time is over, the player will be frozen in time once again. This move is also shared with Star Platinum: The World
|Star Pull||Retro Star Platinum uses his right arm to pull the target towards it by punching them in the back. This move is similar to Star Platinum (Stone Ocean)'s H move and deals moderate damage. (Can allow combos)|
|"You can't repay what you owe... with money!" Special/3 Page ORA||This move can only be used when at or under 55 HP, meaning you need to be damaged to use it, however it deals a godly amount of damage in return. Also known as the 3 Page Ora, Retro Star Platinum pulls their opponent close to them and starts to relentlessly punch them, it finishes the beatdown with a very powerful ORA Strike. If the user dies while using this move, the target will infinitely float until their character is reset.|
F - Timestop
Retro Star Platinum stops time for up to 3 seconds.
H - Timestop Movement
Retro Star Platinum can move in Timestop for 2-3 seconds.
The player pulls out DIO's Diary and holds it up to the air. After a short time, Star Platinum will ascend Over Heaven, granting the player the stand: "Retro Star Platinum: Over Heaven." However, this evolved stand has not been removed from the game and is no longer obtainable by using DIO's diary, and the only way to get it is only by trading. It has also been confirmed, that these two variants will remain in the game, however a Retro Star Platinum: Requiem will be released soon.
This evolution for Retro Star Platinum has been confirmed on the official A Bizarre Day Discord Server. Details about how this stand is unlocked are yet to be known, though it is to be estimated around the same rarity and value as Retro The World (Over Heaven).
General Combat Knowledge:
The ORA Barrage is a very good source of DPS and is can be used to stunlock the target, and is even better when followed up with an ORA Strike or another high-power finisher. Star Finger is useful to use when you want to attack enemies at a slightly larger range or to tackle runners. It lacks the knockback of ORA Strike, but it's still capable of ragdolling opponents hit by it, allowing you to stun them and run away or come closer to beat them up. While sounding ridiculous, Iggy Throw is one of the high damage dealers in Retro Star Platinum's move set. Despite being a very slow projectile, it deals enough damage to make a target feel slightly overwhelmed. It is also able to hit ragdolled enemies, making it a good move to pair up with Star Finger if you use it after downing the opponent. When time stopped, use this as an advantage to rack up damage and almost instantly kill any opponent. In case you are fighting a stand with some range, go to higher ground so that projectiles won't reach and damage you. In this case, you can bait the opponent to fight in close range combat, therefore, giving you a chance to win.
Retro Star Platinum and Star Platinum, alike, don't have much range, so avoid fighting stands or specs that have an extra amount of ranged moves.
- T > Y > H > R (Medium)
- H > R > T Easy
- H > R > T > (run back then use Y) Easy
- F(While in somebody else's timestop) > E(Not for long) > Y > (Wait for TS to end) > H > R > T > R > T > E(If you want to overkill) Hard
- H > R > Y > C > E (approach the opponent and then barrage them) Hard
- T > Y > H > E(For short time) > R Medium
- H > R > T > Y > E(approach the opponent and then barrage them) Hard
- H > R > Y Easy
- H > R > Y > T Medium
- T > Y (This actually works 100% of the time, Star Fingers + Iggy Throw, GREAT for combos) Easy
- H > R > T > Y > E Hard
- T > H > E > R Medium
- H > E > R Easy
- T > Y > H > J(if you're low) Easy
- E > R > H > Y > T Medium
- H > E > R > T > Y Medium
Pros and Cons:
- Great damage output.
- Good combo potential.
- Great ranged attacks.
- Can move in another's timestop.
- Great damage output.
- Star Finger can help blind the opponent.
- Iggy throw is slow and has a high cooldown
- Every move is still predictable and can be blocked.
- Can't stop time like its other variants.
- There used to be a glitch with Star Finger that if you use it and anybody gets close to you, they would die immediately. (Patched)
- The E used to be glitched so that it deals MASSIVE damage. (Patched)
- Most, if not all of Retro Star Platinum's voice lines and sounds come from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future.
- As of now, RSP can't be upgraded to RSPOH as the stand is unobtainable at the moment. Furthermore, the status/return of RSPOH is unknown, as the staff/team has said so themselves in the ABD Discord Server.
- Currently, there is a bug in which sometimes, Iggy won't appear during Iggy throw, therefore it can't deal damage, and you will still have to go through the cooldown. (Undergoing fix)
- There is a rumor that Retro Star Platinum is getting reworked but it's unconfirmed. (Confirmed by it getting a Beat Down.)
- This stand lost trading worth since its evolution (Retro Star Platinum: Over Heaven) is unobtainable.
- Star Finger, unlike Star Platinum, can NOT blind players, but can stun.
- While using the Beatdown, a short part of Jotaro's Theme from Heritage From The Future will play.
- This stand is confirmed to have a requiem form.
- If you die and use J at the same time and successfully hit a person with it, the 3 page Ora finisher ends immediately.
- As of a recent update, when posing, this stand plays Jotaro's Theme from the Anime.
- People tend to use this more than it's normal counterpart since it is less buggy.
- As of the v2.0.6e update, this stand got a re-model.