"He only releases him when he's in serious danger..." - Abbachio telling Giorno about Fugo's stand, Purple Haze (Pāpuru Heizu, パープル・ヘイズ)
Purple Haze is an unstable Stand that contains a particularly deadly, flesh-eating virus in its hands. Because of its deadly ability and its potential for indiscriminate destruction, it is undeniably a powerful close-range Stand.
Purple Haze is a humanoid Stand of height and builds of an average person. Its face and body are patterned by horizontal lozenges of alternating shade, and armor pieces are present on its shoulders, elbows, and knees. It has spikes along its back.
In the anime adaptation, Purple Haze's design is slightly changed, with the Stand receiving a long, flowing cape. It is surrounded by a purple mist in most of its appearances. Its lips and appendages are loosely stitched, and its eyes have distinct irides with miotic pupils. On its head is a helmet inspired by Roman Design with a transparent visor in the approximate shape of a beak.
Befitting its name, all media featuring Purple Haze portray it as a purple and white Stand. With a checkerboard pattern
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|Purple Haze has 6 Capsules containing deadly viruses, the Capsules can be seen in Purple Haze's Hand. Poisoned Grab, Killer Infection are moves that waste 1 Capsule. Poison Bubble wastes 3 capsules. If the user is out of Capsules for a determined move, Purple Haze will not use the moves in need of the required capsules.|
|Purple Haze unleashes a furious barrage. At the end of the barrage, it performs a quick strong punch. This move has start lag which means it will play an animation before the barrage. This move makes you and the enemy your hitting slower, making it very hard to escape. Once you activate this move, you can’t stop it until the animation finishes.|
|Purple Haze grabs its opponent and poisons them. The poison damage is 5 per second. The move is able to bypass counter moves, due to it not doing any damage on impact.
Note: Every time you use this move, it spends 1 capsule to poison the target. This move will change to a regular heavy punch when you are out capsules.
|Purple Haze shoots a poison capsule. After some time, it will create a bubble. If someone is inside the bubble, they will take poison damage. The poison damage is '6 per second.' This move also requires one poison ammo capsule, which links back to the passive.|
|Purple Haze gives the target a vaccine. If you have it, you do not take damage from poison moves. When using this move, it will play a high pitched version of the medkit sound from Half-Life 2.|
|Purple Haze slams the ground and creates a bubble. Everyone inside this bubble will take 5 damage per second. Everyone will also get slowed down making it hard to escape. The poison damage is '6 per second.' Requires 3 ammo. When you use this move it starts to play Fugo's theme: (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind OST - Fugo theme)|
|The user's walkspeed and jump power are slightly increased and your barrage's damage and cooldown is improved slightly.This will also make you invincible while this mode is active and regen a capsule every 5 seconds|
H + J - Capsule Regeneration
If the user is in rage mode, It will regenerate a capsule if he/she has less than 6, it will only regenerate one. The user can't regenerate his/her capsules again until he or maybe she is in rage mode again.
- F > H > E Easy
- F > E Easy
- R > E Easy
- T > R (Drag them over to the bubble) Easy
- T > R > F Medium
- F > H > R > E Medium
- H > T E Medium
- F > R (drag them inside the bubble) > E Easy
- R > T > E Easy
Combos (Without Capsules):
- E > R Easy
- H > E > R Easy
Pros and Cons:
- Poison Bubble.
- Extra Strong punch. (Barrage)
- Poison can make people slow down.
- Poisonous Rage.
- Bad durability.
- Poison Bubble can dodge easily.
- Barrage are uncontrollable.
- Other Purple Haze user have immunity on your poison.
- Purple Haze was the first and only (for now) stand that has an ammunition system.
- This stand was added in version: 1.9.7
- You can't use voice lines without having your stand out.
- If someone has Purple Haze, they will let out air from their mouth and black/purple aura from their body when they don't have the stand out.
- It has only one voiceline, which is "..."
- In a novel called Purple Haze Feedback, there is an evolved version of PH called, Purple Haze Distortion, which has the ability to make a virus that devours other viruses.
- Purple Haze got a minor model update, which included a cape from the anime.
- Purple Haze COULD be a sentient stand due to the fact that it can act on its own.
- Purple Haze's stand rush noise is: "UBASHAAAA!" and "ARU ARU ARU ARU ARU!"
- The stand is named after the Jimi Hendrix Experience song, Purple Haze.
- Although having an E in durability, it actually has the equivalent of B in health.
- Purple Haze's virus can kill almost anything exposed to it, making it a deadly stand.
- Purple Haze's H move can sometimes glitch, making the user almost invincible. It is still unknown if it is patched or not.
- If you use Bloodsuck on a Purple Haze in Rage, it will glitch your health bar, but getting healed will fix it. This only works if done within Timestop.
- The user's head moves slightly to the right when the stand is brought out.
- Purple Haze stays in a pose referencing when we first saw him in Man in the Mirror fight and unlike most of the humanoid stands, he stays back to the user, like King Crimson.
- The vaccine move is a reference to when Giorno uses a life created snake from a brick that Purple Haze punched, but canonically Purple Haze can't give people a Vaccine if a person doesn't have the blood of a living being that is immune to the virus.
- Sometimes people will use Purple Haze to troll with DIO and F.V.
- Purple Hazes H move no longer grants invincibility, making the immortality glitch with this, patched.
- When Purple Haze uses his E it cannot be stopped unlike other barrages.
- If you fail an R attack the capsules wont go.
- While in a poison bubble a monotonous theme will play
- Randomly a song will start playing similar to the one in a poison bubble.
- Upon summoning this stand, the user will yell out "Purple Haze!"
- When doing the barrage, Purple Haze will not stop until the barrage is finished. You have no control over how long it will barrage.