"He only releases him when he's in serious danger..." - Abbachio telling Giorno about Fugo's stand, Purple Haze (Pāpuru Heizu, パープル・ヘイズ)
Purple Haze is the Stand of Pannacotta Fugo, an ally featured in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo. Purple Haze is an unstable Stand that contains a particularly deadly, flesh-eating virus capsules in its hands.
Because of its deadly ability and its potential for indiscriminate destruction, it is undeniably a powerful close-range Stand. This stand also has a shiny, Purple Haze (Black and White).
This stand is a part of the Arrow Stand Pool, in which it has a 4% chance (A-Tier percentage) of obtaining from a Stand Arrow. To obtain the shiny version of this stand, you need to use a Monochromatic Sphere on the regular version.
Purple Haze is a humanoid Stand of height and builds of an average person. Its face and body are patterned by horizontal lozenges of alternating shade, and armor pieces are present on its shoulders, elbows, and knees. It has spikes along its back.
The Stand has a long, flowing cape, surrounded by a purple mist. Its lips and appendages are loosely stitched, and its eyes have distinct irides with miotic pupils. Befitting its name, all media featuring Purple Haze portray it as a purple and white Stand, with a checkerboard pattern of a purple and white color scheme covering its torso and legs.
As for its shiny, Purple Haze (Black and White), the main difference surrounds the color scheme. While Purple Haze surrounds the main color scheme of purple and white, its shiny is surrounded by the color black and white. Despite this, some appearance features still remain, like its checkerboard patterns and model build.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|Purple Haze has 6 Capsules containing deadly viruses, the Capsules can be seen in Purple Haze's Hand. Poisoned Grab, Killer Infection are moves that waste 1 Capsule. Poison Bubble wastes 3 capsules. If the user is out of Capsules for a determined move, Purple Haze will not use the moves in need of the required capsules.|
|Purple Haze unleashes a furious 32 punch barrage. At the end of the barrage, it performs a quick strong punch. This move has start lag which means it will play an animation before the barrage. This move makes you and the enemy your hitting slower, making it very hard to escape. Once you activate this move, you can’t stop it until the animation finishes.|
|Purple Haze grabs its opponent and poisons them. The poison damage is 6 per second for a total of 15 seconds. This move is also able to bypass counter moves, due to it not doing any damage on impact.
Note: Every time you use this move, it spends 1 capsule to poison the target. This move will change to a regular heavy punch when you are out capsules.
|Purple Haze shoots a suppressed capsule. If it hits a target it will deal pitful poison damage every second for 15 seconds alongside a sphere of poison that lasts for 13 seconds. If it doesn't hit anyone, a small bubble sphere effect will manifest and gradually spread. This will begin dealing poison damage to anyone that walks inside of it (the projectile can't go inside walls). The zone lowers in damage when spreading.|
|Purple Haze gives the target a vaccine. If you have it, you do not take damage from poison moves. When using this move, it will play a high pitched version of the medkit sound from Half-Life 2.|
|Purple Haze smashes the ground and breaks 3 capsules creating a bubble of poison that will gradually spread into a massive bubble that deals pitful poison damage every second quickly and slows down enemies for 72 seconds.|
|The user's walkspeed and jump power are slightly increased and their barrage's damage and cooldown is improved slightly. You also automatically regenerate up to three capsules. The user's barrage damage will also increase from 5 to 6.25 damage per punch during this period of time.|
H + J - Capsule Regeneration
If the user is in rage mode, they will regenerate a capsule if they have less than 6, it will only regenerate one. The user can't regenerate their capsules again until they are in rage mode again.
- F + H + E Easy
- F + E Easy
- R + E Easy
- T + R (Drag them over to the bubble) Easy
- T + R + F Medium
- F + H + R + E Medium
- H + T + E Medium
- F + R (drag them inside the bubble) + E Easy
- R + T + E Easy
Combos (Without Capsules):
- E + R Easy
- H + E + R Easy
Pros and Cons:
- Poison Bubble.
- Extra Strong punch. (Barrage)
- Poison can make people slow down.
- Poisonous Rage.
- Barrage slows opponents down so they cannot escape.
- Bad durability.
- Poison Bubble can be dodged easily.
- Barrage is uncontrollable.
- Other Purple Haze users have immunity to your poison.
- Purple Haze was the first and only (for now) stand that has an ammunition system.
- If someone has Purple Haze, they will let out air from their mouth and black/purple aura from their body when they don't have their stand out.
- It has only one voice line, which is "..."
- In a novel called Purple Haze Feedback, there is an evolved version of PH called, Purple Haze Distortion, which has the ability to make a virus that devours other viruses.
- Purple Haze's stand rush noise is: "UBASHAAAA!" and "ARU ARU ARU ARU ARU!"
- The stand is named after the Jimi Hendrix Experience song, Purple Haze.
- Purple Haze's virus can kill almost anything exposed to it, making it a deadly stand.
- The user's head moves slightly to the right when the stand is brought out.
- Purple Haze stays in a pose referencing when we first saw him in Man in the Mirror fight and unlike most of the humanoid stands, he stays back to the user, like King Crimson.
- The vaccine move is a reference to when Giorno uses a life created snake from a brick that Purple Haze punched, but canonically Purple Haze can't give people a Vaccine if a person doesn't have the blood of a living being that is immune to the virus.
- Purple Hazes H move no longer grants invincibility, making the immortality glitch with this, patched.
- While in a poison bubble a monotonous theme will play.
- Randomly a song will start playing similar to the one in a poison bubble.
- Upon summoning this stand, the user will yell out "Purple Haze!"
- Released on 08/20/2020 (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Some people call this Stand "Mono Haze", or "MPH" ("Monochromatic Purple Haze").