"Come, Johnny Joestar! The conclusion will come faster than if time were stopped!" - Alternative Diego Brando (Diego Burandō, ディエゴ・ブランドー)
Neo The World: Alternate Universe, often shortened to NTWAU, is a shiny/reskin version of The World Alternate Universe (TWAU). This stand was first featured in the arc High Voltage from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run. However, Neo the World: Alternate Universe gets the inspiration of its design from a futuristic world (NEO) and the color from "DIO's Pallet 4" in Heritage For the Future.
Neo The World: Alternate Universe is a humanoid Stand with a build similar to Diego's and design similar to its alternate counterpart. It wears a headpiece covering its face to below the place of its nose, slanting at a steep angle from the base of its forehead to a peak situated above the rear of its head by about half its height, leaving the face of an inverted triangle visible to the front; somewhat similar to the Red Crown of Lower Egypt. Neo The World Alternate Universe and it's counterpart The World (Alternate Universe) are similar to it's main universe counterparts, The World, Vampiric The World, The World Greatest High and Retro The World. It is also similar to The World's Over Heaven counterparts, The World: Over Heaven and Retro the World: Over Heaven.
On its back are twin diving cylinders, connected via short twin ridged cables to the rear of its mask; perhaps secured by thick, ridged, or puffed straps running from the rear of its waist over both its shoulders to its front.
The back of its hands bears the shape of a clock with similar emblems on both its shoulders and hips. Its chin and belt region are decorated with hearts, while its knees are capped with D-shaped pads. Neo The World Alternate Universe is similar to The World Alternate Universe's model, but with a light blue color scheme.
|Triple MUDA Punch Combo||Neo The World Alternate Universe quickly punches the enemy three times, dealing moderate damage. The last hit has strong knockback and it ragdolls the enemy temporarily, this move is one of the best moves to start combo in-game.|
|MUDA Strike||Strikes the enemy with a fast, incredibly powerful punch. It knocks the opponent back and ragdolls them temporarily, dealing moderate damage. This move can be easily followed up with the T or Y move.|
|Two Pair Knife Volley||The player throws two small knives two times at the enemy, similar to how The World does. Each one doing moderate damage, but altogether they deal an incredible amount of damage. The knives can travel a long distance, descibically, this move can hit your enemies over the football court.|
|Glock Shot||The player pulls out a Glock and fires it at the enemy. The bullet deals an incredible amount of damage on-contact. If you use this move during your Timestop, it will pierce other players. Many players use this move to finish combos. Since this move does not require you to be close. The bullet travels a long distance, the distance is similar to the T's distance.|
|"The World!"/ Me Time||THE WORLD's best-known ability. The user yells out "'THE WORLD! Time is mine! This is where the fun begins!" and freezes time for roughly 5 seconds. Any damage you deal will stack up and take effect when time resumes. This move has a long cooldown time.|
|Dazing Kick||Neo The World: Alternate Universe Launches the opponent upward by kicking them with a great amount of force. Dealing light damage and ragdolling the enemy. This move isn't supposed to be used as a primary source of heavy-hitting damage like the MUDA Punch but is rather supposed to be used as a stun locker. Because it stuns the target and launches them upward, it's easy to follow this move with E or R.|
|Bear Trap||The user will throw a beartrap. Deals good damage on contact and traps them in place for about 3-4 seconds. Players stuck in the beartrap can be attacked. There is a cooldown of 27 seconds, and you can only put down a maximum of 10 traps. This used to be infinite with no limits.
Note: If you reset, leave the server or reset your stand, the beartraps will despawn.
|Stand Jump||Shared with many other stands. Leap high into the air with the help of your stand, covers good horizontal and vertical distance.|
N/A (Believed to replace Stand Jump - Z) - Silver Bullet
The user calls out a horse and is able to ride on it.
H - Traced MUDA Punch
The user designates an enemy to attack. Neo The World: Alternate Universe glides towards the targeted player, and when close enough, strikes them with a slightly weaker MUDA Punch.
Note: This move will replace Dazing Kick.
E + Hold - MUDA Barrage
Neo The World Alternate Universe starts punching the enemy at high speeds doing decent damage.
U - Barbed Wire
Neo The World Alternate Universe throws barbed wire down that slows down your opponent dealing moderate damage.
General Combat Knowledge:
NTWAU is a zoner-type stand that specializes in laying traps and throwing large amounts of high-damage projectiles. In addition, it’s also exceptional in melee, close-range combat, with the ability to stun lock with H and the large range of its E. In terms of melee and ranged tools, NTWAU is essentially a direct upgrade from its original universe counterpart. Projectile placement and picking off enemies from a distance is essential if you want to main NTWAU. Also please note that it does not have any passive regeneration, so rushing in recklessly will only be to your detriment. This stand specializes in picking enemies off from far distances, but be careful when using your melee attacks because most of them does not do that much damage, rather a chance for you to start combos.
This stand is essentially The World but with a larger amount of projectile options. The ability to stop time brings easy kills to unsuspecting victims. The knives and its revolver are some of the best projectiles in the game, with some of the largest range in the game, and the longest lingering. This stand has one of the best projectiles in-game, which is useful when it comes to a 1v2. However, unless you are very skilled with NTWAU, you will not be able to win a 1v2, but in a 2v2, this stand is more than viable. You can provide ranged support and use ragdolling moves to assist your teammates to win. The kick move (H move) is an effective way of getting the upper hand over the enemy allowing a few melee attacks to lay in quite a bit of damage. This knowledge is not commonly known.
Good NTWAU players are pretty damn hard to kill. Those experienced enough will know to distract people with constant projectile baiting, since they have tons of knives and revolver bullets ready. The best thing to do is, though risky, is to go straight for the kill. Dodge any projectiles as best you can and make sure they can't stop time without punishment.
Made In Heaven counters most stands in the game, and NTWAU is no exception. The combination of high damaging moves and low cooldowns is essentially the end of your reign. A GREAT way to attempt to mitigate this problem is to hide behind bear traps to keep them at a distance, then, you can try and beat them with the sheer amount of projectiles you can throw out.
If you’re new at NTWAU, use this as a guide:
Please hit "expand" to see a list of combos.
- B > H > R(slap them to the trap and go wild) Hard, requires accuracy to do R correctly
- H > R > B Medium
- H > R > E Basic and easy
- B > (what moves you want to choose since they’re trapped) Very Easy
- E > H > R Basic and easy
- H > R > T Basic and easy
- E > R > T > Y Medium
- H > E > R > T > Y Medium
- E > H > R > T > Y Medium
- H > R > T > Y Basic and easy
- Y > T > Y > T (Repeat as much as you want, good for combat against Shadow The World users) Very basic, very easy
- H > R > E > B > Y > T Extremely Hard (OHKO anybody, this can also be followed up with a Timestop to Overkill them, If you want to).
- B > B > B > B > B > B > B > B > B > B > R (Smack them into the pile of traps, takes a lot of preparation but is an insta kill) HARD
- H > E > T > Y > Z (Jump to your opponent)> R >T > Y (Requires good aim and cooldowns, best if used in the middle of 1v1 to slice health pools) HARD
- F > B > (Time resumes) H > E > R > Y > T Medium
- B (Stay closer of the trap and wait for your enemy get closer of you) > E > H > R (push him to the trap) > Y > T Very Hard
Pros and Cons:
- Long range.
- Has a good moves to start or end combos with.
- Has Bear Traps which stun and deal superior damage to enemies.
- Can counter enemies' barrage with H.
- Extremely viable.
- Struggles with stands that out damage it.
- Bear Trap is hard to place and also has a high cooldown.
- It shares a moveset with TWAU, same for the Y move, but it replaces TWAU's revolver with a Glock. They also share the same stats, both having an A in every stat.
- NTWAU, "E", move has the furthest range out of any melee attack.
- NTWAU used to have a glitch where if you used Glock in stopped time, it would instakill.
- Neo The World: Alternate Universe's Glock used to deal 50 damage instead of 30, but this was later fixed.
- People once used the beartraps to kill DIO but it is rarely used now since people have found new methods to kill DIO.
- It plays"JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven - Results" while posing
- This used to be obtained by using a Vampire Mask on Retro The World (now an arrow stand).
- This stand has a similar design to DIO’s Newfound Power.
- Neo The World: Alternate Universe's Timestop used to be instant not having to go throughout the whole animation but this was fixed later on. This glitch was similar to Shadow’s TimeStop, no animation needed. (But it still had to do the animation, the time stop just came out instantly).
- Neo The World: Alternate Universe's Design has changed to a more VTW looking design.
- The J move on VTW/TWGH is based on TWAU/NTWAU's time stop animation.
- The eyes for NTWAU are utterly different from its non-shiny counterpart TWAU being completely light blue and glowing lines with no pupil.
- This Color variation is also featured in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven/Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Heritage for the Future, a JOJO fighting game made by Capcom.
- The reason that this stand used a Glock rather than a Classic Revolver is simple, this stand is a "Neo" meaning new. Which means it came from the future.
NTWAU using Triple MUDA Punch Combo:
NTWAU using Timestop:
When time resumes: