"Oh, Doppio. My sweet Doppio..." - Diavolo speaking to Vinegar Doppio (Vinegā Doppio, ヴィネガー・ドッピオ)
King Crimson (Doppio) is a stand that belonged to Vinegar Doppio, Diavolo's alter ego. The King Crimson Doppio is just one arm from the original full-body King Crimson with an epitaph on the user's head.
You can evolve this stand by using a Frog, making it a Double Arm Doppio King Crimson. With this stand, Epitaph will appear on the user's forehead. It will have the same face as the user. This stand is not very powerful and needs skill to actually win a battle.
|KCD will do a punch with decent range dealing decent damage, pushing the enemy away. This move has a short cooldown.|
|Fast Chop||KCD will do a quick chop in front of the user for the enemy's chest stunning the opponent and dealing decent damage. This move has a short cooldown.|
|Leg Slice||KCD will do a fast slice in front of the user. Aiming for the feet, almost as same as R. This move has a short cooldown|
|Epitaph||The user uses Epitaph to look in the future, being able to dodge attacks for 5 seconds. Press F again to stop.
(Note: This can't dodge attacks from GER and OH stands.)
|Erasure Shift||The user erases time, teleporting them a few studs further in the direction they are facing. This is slightly farther than all the other Time Erase Teleports.|
Pros and Cons:
- Easy to Evolve.
- Short cooldowns.
- Hits are very easy to land.
- Epitath works on OH's, GER's and ACT4's Barrages.
- As said above, its Epitath can not be bypassed by GER Barrage, making it useful to counter Return To Zero (only if Barrage if used after RTZ).
- Bad durability.
- Low combo potential.
- E move cannot stun player.
- Epitath can be bypassed by OH's (Not Barrage), GER's (Not Barrage), Tusk Act 4 (Not Barrage), S&W's Bubbles and KC:AU's Grab Move.
If you’re new with King Crimson (Doppio), use this as a guide.
- Repeatedly, but at a slow pace, use E > R > T Easy
- T > E > R Easy
- E > V > T > R > E > V > R Hard
- Voicelines: You can play the voiceline using the N key. The voice lines from King Crimson Doppio are: Turururururu... (The user plays a voiceline similar to a phone ringing.) Turuurururu = Bring ring ring ring ring).
- One of the first stands to come out during ABD's release.
- The term "Doppio" means "double" in the Italian language since Doppio actually has two personalities in his body, those being Doppio and Diavolo.
- Doppio is one of the various stands that has only 1 voiceline.
- Doppio still uses the old model of King Crimson for its arm.
- Before it was patched, when using Life Punch (R) on GE on KCD, you would be able to see the full body of it.
- This is one of five stands in-game to not have a humanoid form, others being The Emperor, Anubis, It's evolved version and Mr. President.
- If you use two frogs on Doppio, you have a chance of getting Manga King Crimson with a 1% chance.