“I am an emperor! My only ambition is to remain at the top!” - King Crimson (Kingu Kurimuzon, キング・クリムゾン )
Unlike most other Stands that deal high amounts of damage in their barrages, King Crimson mainly specializes in punches and slashes that are fatal in close-ranged combat. Combined with its ability to erase time, this stand can be extremely powerful when used correctly. This stand also has two shiny counterparts of itself: King Crimson (Black & White) (OKC) and Manga King Crimson (MKC).
You get this Stand by using a Frog on Two Arm Doppio King Crimson. However, there is also a 1% chance of obtaining the shiny variant, Manga King Crimson, when a Frog is used on Two Arm Doppio King Crimson. To obtain its other Shiny, King Crimson (Black & White), the user would need to use a Monochromatic Sphere on King Crimson.
King Crimson is a humanoid Stand of a height and build like the user, however tends to seem a lot of larger and taller. Its body is roofed by a raised diagonal grid; save for its face, neck, shoulder guards, elbows, hands, abdomen, crotch, knees, and feet/footwear. Its eyes comprise sharp orifices of a steep inward slant.
The said second face on King Crimson's forehead is called Epitaph and is usually duplicated within the same position on the user's forehead. Epitaph presents itself as a bump on the forehead that includes eyes and a mouth perpetually grinding its teeth. Appropriate to its name, King Crimson is represented all told media that includes it as being primarily red, with the shade of red variable from work to figure.
As for King Crimson's shinies, Manga King Crimson possesses the same model and physical build as its predecessor, with the difference being that this shiny has an overall orange and yellow color scheme, instead of being completely red. As for King Crimson (Black & White), benefiting its name, most of this variant's body is seen as black and white with some gray. The eyes for King Crimson (Black and White) and its Epitaph are also seen as having a black color.
|Type of Ability||Name||Description|
|All moves get a damage increase of 20% when the user is below 30% health. This, however, does not apply to bleed damage.|
|King Crimson will lift his fist up in the air and start charging, the arm will flash red and white when the charge stop. Pressing E again, will deal damage to the player. This move has 10 base damage. However, the 1st charge adds 10 damage, every charge after the 1st charge will add 20 damage.|
|King Crimson uses its right arm to deal a heavy punch that knocks victims back and ragdolls them.|
|This move can only be used while Time Erase is active. King Crimson upon leaving its Time Erase will brutally strike the enemy dealing Superior damage. This move can be used to surprise enemies.|
|King Crimson does a heavy blow with it's right arm, stunning opponents for 2 seconds.|
|King Crimson will throw blood in the enemy's eyes causing them to be blinded for a short time. This move does no damage.|
|King Crimson activates it's sub-stand, Epitaph, to look into the future for the next 10 seconds, avoiding all attacks. no other moves can be used during this. Can be cancelled by pressing T again.|
|King Crimson erases time for up to 10 seconds . All of the nearby opponents will have a hologram when this move starts, with a line connecting them. The user is invisible during this. When Time Erasure ends, the opponents will be teleported to the corresponding hologram.
Note: Gold Experience Requiem users can cancel this ability automatically with the Return to Zero passive and can see you during it with the Zero passive if Return to Zero doesn't activate.
|King Crimson does a heavy blow with its right arm, causing victims to bleed for the next few seconds.|
|King Crimson does a fast barrage of punches out of panic. Each punch slows the opponent down, effectively trapping them in the barrage with each hit.|
|King Crimson erases time very briefly, teleport its user a few studs forward in the direction they're facing. This can teleport you through enemies as well as allow you to attack almost immediately after doing so. It's a good idea to use this move to set up flank attacks. Or running away, whichever you want.|
General Combat Knowledge:
As you can tell King Crimson has many moves which when many of them combined, can make very powerful combos. Only 3 hits from King Crimson will immediately slice the opponent's health bar. You should use T + R + C + V + G. The combo will deal at least 160+ damage. G is recommended to be used after T, since the opponent will get a chance to land a hit on you during the G's animation. You should never rush at the opponent since you have very weak durability, and King Crimson does not have the best stamina(cooldown) to do so. Use time erase if you wish to pursue your enemy or set up attacks. Blood fling is recommended as you can be countered during your attack. If your opponent started to approach you, run or epitaph, do not tank hits since your block is weak as hell, or you can choose to dodge and throw a counter-attack.
Long story short. King Crimson suits sneaky fighting style the most, rushing will only get you beat up. Be patient, your damage is absurdly high, don't lose your cool and miss all your opportunity to land sneak attacks. You can always flip the table.
King Crimson's Time Erasure is perfect to set up surprise attacks. Epitaph is good for evading projectiles. Piercing Stab can temporarily stun your enemy. Giving you the opportunity to start combos. Mortal Blow has a great knock back. Making it useful to keep a good distance from your enemy. Erasure Shift is very useful for running and setting up potential attacks,
- T + R + E + E (Medium)
- F + R + R (Easy)
- T + G + R (Easy/Medium)
- G + T + E + E + R (Medium)
- E + E + T + R + G (Medium/Hard)
- F + R + E + T + R + T (Medium/Hard)
- F + R + J (If low health) (Easy/Medium)
- T + F + R + G + E (Medium)
- T + G (Easy)
- T + G + F + R + R (Easy/Medium)
- R + C + V + T + G + F + R + R (Medium)
- F + R + T + G + E + E + R (Easy/Medium)
Pros and Cons:
- Godly damage output. (single-hit)
- Great close-ranged moves, therefore great combo potential. With amazing knock back for combos
- Good mobility.
- Time erasure and Epitaph can help you avoid deadly attacks.
- Low cooldowns for most attacks.
- Time erase can make you invisible and not attackable and is great for setting up attacks.
- Epitaph is very viable for escaping a barrage, and once it ends TE cooldown should be over.
- Time erase shows holograms of players so impaling strike is very easy to land.
- Zero damaging ranged attacks.
- Epitaph can be bypassed by OHs (Not Barrage), GER (Not Barrage), Tusk ACT4 (Not Barrage), S&W's bubbles, KC:AU's grab (Y) move , SP: SO's Time Smite (Y) move and KQ's Sheer Heart Attack (T).
- Has problems fighting against long ranged stands such as Hierophant Green and The Emperor.
- Severing Chop is a slow move to pull off.
- Bad defense (only blocks 20% damage).
- Sometimes Panic Barrage (J) move only will hit the opponent once and not again.
- When you summon the Stand, the user will menacingly utter: "King Crimson..."
- Voicelines: "That was meaningless, was it not?" and "I am an emperor! My only ambition is to remain at the top!".
- King Crimson‘s original voicelines used to be from All Star Battle/Eyes Of Heaven but all of its variants was changed to voicelines from the anime
- King Crimson's Time Erase used to have Bonus damage when you are trying to perform a surprise attack (From behind) and was later on removed from the game.
- Before the rework, when dying, the user says "B-BAKANA!!" (Impossible!!)
- The Stand's name is a reference to the band King Crimson, a progressive English rock band who also made the song "Epitaph", which is another reference to King Crimson's sub-Stand. It also references the court of a crimson king.
- During Time Erasure, it will also play Diavolo's theme. If your health is lower than half, the theme during TE will be replaced with "la Battaglia Finale" (The Final Battle)
- When you pose, it will play Un'altra persona.
- Whenever a King Crimson Time Erases, A part of the background song will skip.
- When Time Erase ends, the game's music in the background will skip 10 seconds forward.
- King Crimson is the only stand with 2 shiny variants, and both of them are the rarest stands in-game due to the low chances of obtaining them.
- King Crimson's pose is the old Manga King Crimson/Monochromatic King Crimson's pose.
- There is an Easter Egg that allows the user to use a requiem arrow in TE, the animation was based off Gold Experience’s old requiem transformation animation.
- As of the new update, it and its shiny received a new block animation.
Monochromatic King Crimson:
- This stand is the replacement for Ender Crimson, a former shiny of King Crimson.
- The voicelines (N) are "That was meaningless, was it not?”, ”I am a king! My only goal is to remain on top!"
- Has gained value since RSPOH and SPOH became obtainable.
- This stand is considered one of the rarest stands in the game, due to the low probability and low chances of obtaining it.
- When posing, this stand will play "21st Century Schizoid Man" by the band called King Crimson.
- It is also known as Oreo King Crimson by the community due to its color scheme.
- Its attack particles/effects are also changed from red to monochrome, this includes the stand's Epitaph.
King Crimson (Manga Color Scheme)
- Manga King Crimson is the replacement for Sans Crimson, a former shiny for King Crimson.
- When posing, this stand will play "In The Court of The Crimson King" by King Crimson.
- This stand is also considered one of the rarest stand in the game due to the low probability and low chances of obtaining it.
- When posing, this Stand will occasionally twitch via its head and left arm.
- When user time erases below half health the voice line is more "aggressive" and when pressing Q to bring out this stand, the user will shout king crimson instead
- Manga King Crimson‘s Q sound effect comes from here.
- Its attack particles/effects have a more orange color, instead of being red.