"You may have outsmarted me, but I outsmarted your outsmarting!" - Joseph Joestar (Josefu Jōsutā, ジョセフ・ジョースター)
Joseph Hamon is classified as a Spec in A Bizarre Day. It is obtainable from a 1/8 (12.5%) chance from Frog when using it on No Abilities. This Spec can also be obtained by using a Bizarre Arrow with a random chance of getting the Spec.
Just like its counterpart, many of its attacks have Hamonic properties, dealing increased damage to vampiric abilities and less damage to Pillarmen.
Just like most other specs, Joseph Hamon shows almost no physical appearance. Other than the visual effects from its abilities.
The Thompson Gun move (E) takes the form of a Thompson M1921 submachine gun, the most distinctive aspects are the vertical fore-grip and the 100 round Type "C" drum magazine.
The Hermit Purple Block (X) can temporarily manifest Joseph Joestar's Stand, w:c:jojo:Hermit Purple, which appears as a violet vine that covers the user's arms. The Hamon-Infused Jab (R) makes the user's right arm flash yellow when the user is performing it.
|The player digs their feet into the ground, pulls out a Thompson gun and fires it rapidly forward, shooting a maximum of 50 bullets. The player is stationary during this. Lasts 5 seconds. The bullets have hamonic properties. Bullets stop on contact with structures.|
|The user does a quick and low punch, dealing damage and slightly knocking the opponent away. This attack has hamonic properties.|
|The user stops for a second to throw a clacker forward. This ragdolls the opponent on hit.|
|The user stops for a second to throw a clacker forward. After a few studs of traveling, it will return towards where it was thrown. This ragdolls the opponent on hit briefly. The clacker can hit once when thrown forward and once when returning, for a total of 2 hits.|
|The user places rope to where they are standing, laying rope as they walk. If pressed again or exceeding a certain range, the rope will be dropped. Opponents that walk over it will take 20 damage and will be ragdolled briefly, tripping to the floor. Lasts until the cooldown is over.|
|The user throws a Molotov Cocktail forward, exploding on contact with any structure. The closer someone is to the center of the blast, the higher up they are sent and the more damage they are dealt.|
|The user makes a blocking formation with their arms, with Hermit Purple manifesting over them. This lasts for 2 seconds. All damage done will be reflected back at the user, including side effects aside from knockback. After Hermit Purple fades away, it acts as a standard block. Over Heavens can bypass reflected damage.|
|The user slides along the floor, evading attacks. Has a similar function to Magician's Red and King Crimson: Alternate Universe's Evasive Slides.|
|The user will yell "Nigerundayo!" After the user yells, they receive a speed buff for up to 6 seconds. They cannot use moves during this. Running into somebody during this will cause them to be stunned for a short period of time.|
- T + Y (Easy)
- E + T + Y (Easy)
- F + R + E (Medium)
- X + R + T + Y (Medium/Hard)
- E + Z (or the other way around, Easy)
- F + R + Y + E (Medium)
- Z + (once Z ends walk in the same direction with:)F + E (Medium/Hard)
- T + T + T + T + T (Spammable)
- F + Y + T + Y + T + R (Medium)
- T + Y + Z + E (Hold) (Medium)
- Y + E + Z + F + R + T + Y + Y (Medium/Hard)
- Y + Y + R + F + (don't use combo if F is dodged) + Y + Z (hold) + E + Z + Y + Y (medium-hard)
Pros and Cons
- Block can reflect damage.
- High damage attacks.
- Impressive mobility.
- Z has a low cooldown comparatively.
- Fast attacks.
- Clackers are spammable and ragdoll.
- Thompson does good amount of damage.
- Clacker Boomerang does good damage if it hits the opponent and returns back.
- Secret Joestar Technique (Z) is fast and has a low cooldown.
- Potential Combos.
- Hermit Purple Block has somewhat low cooldown.
- Like most Evasive Slides, it travels a far distance and dodges attacks.
- High cooldowns for certain moves.
- Thompson locks you in place.
- Few melee attacks.
- Requires high skill prediction.
- Startup on attacks are slow, making them predictable.
- Easily countered.
- Terrible health.
- Hamon-infused Jab has minimal knockback.
- Dodging attacks can be hard since your moves mostly lock you in place.
- Its quotes are ”CAEEEEEEEEEEESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!” and “Your next line is: How did you know that, Jojo!?”.
- Added on 05/10/2020 (DD/MM/YYYY).
- At one point there was a breath-restriction mask on a table in a hidden room on an older map, referencing Joseph Joestar's Hamon training.
- It will likely feature the Aja Blast super from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future.
- Plays Crazy my Beat - Coda when posing.
- It was planned to have more moves, however they were not added.
- It is called "josephu jostar" in-game and Joseph in storage.
- It is the only spec without an LMB move.
- Like Basic Hamon, using the frog to get this spec will be instant, as there is no animation yet for using a frog.
- This is one of the few abilities to have a replacement for a Stand Jump. Other abilities like this are Made In Heaven, all four Tusk ACTs and One More Time.
- This ability has no jump cooldown, much like Made in Heaven.
- This Spec used to have "Aja Blast or Defense", but it was removed, this move may come back after Ultimate Life Form is released.
- This was the last ability to be added before the game turned into a 'sandbox'.
- There is a bug in the game which allows you to use moves during time stop.