"Oh? You're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right to me?” - DIO Part 3 (DlO, ディオ)
He spawns at the Coffin. DIO is the strongest boss in the game currently, having a large health pool and dealing more damage and more moves than other bosses. Unlike Dio Brando, DIO is not able to regenerate his health.
DIO wears a yellow jacket and trousers of the same color. He also has a belt wrapped around his waist with a green heart on it, as well as slings attached slightly below his belt.
Underneath his jacket, he wears a coal-black tank-top. DIO's hair is long and of bright blonde color and is held up by a green headband with a heart in the center of it.
|The World assaults the target with an array of extremely fast punches that do devastating damage.|
|The World strikes the enemy with a fast, incredibly powerful punch that ragdolls the target.|
|The World stops the gears of time, freezing everything in place 5 seconds. Other stands such as Made in Heaven or Gold Experience Requiem can simply eliminate DIO's time stop by canceling it or returning it to zero, causing time to resume. You can also move in his time stop with Tusk ACT4's Self-Nullification Blow (V + Y).|
|DIO will teleport to the player and deal damage. For this move, DIO stops time but it is not seen by the players.|
|DIO will throw a single Knife. They can pierce.|
|DIO will perform a dash. This move is similar to Star Platinum: The World's Timestop Dash.|
|DIO stops time, flies up in the air for about 2 seconds, then dashes down with a road roller, dealing godly damage. This move is only used when DIO is on low health.The time stop lasts for 10 seconds.|
- Drops guaranteed Vampire Mask (10/10). You can use it on TW/Standless/Vampire to get VTW/Vampire/Santana/Kars/Wamuu.
- Drops DIO's Diary with a 60% chance. (6/10) You can use it on TW/RTW/SP/RSP/WS/C-Moon to get TWOH/RTWOH/SPOH/RSPOH/C-Moon/MiH
- Drops a Camera with a 10% chance. (1/10) You can use it on Vampiric The World to get Shadow The World.
- DIO spawns every 60 minutes with a 2 minute delay every 60 min. However, spawn times may be delayed based on whether or not someone has stopped time in the server.
- 3000 HP base and 1 minute 30-sec base despawn time.
- 1 player = 200 Additional HP.
- 1 player = 5 Additional seconds
- DIO takes more damage from Hamon, Santana, and Kars users.
- Although he is a vampire, he is not capable of regeneration, like other Vampires.
- His moves do not cause any knockback.
- DIO is able to dodge Return to Zero by rolling.
- He used to drop three Omelette Eggs when he was killed during the Easter Event.
- DIO can't climb on ladders, which is a good advantage for using long-ranged moves on him.
- Whitesnake's F is not very effective on DIO. Do not use it on a big crowd, that goes with Silver Chariot’s disabling move.
- Despite being a Vampire, he doesn't burn in the sun. He also doesn't use any of his Vampiric abilities.
- Though Time Acceleration can cancel all Time Stops even using it in stopped time or during Time Acceleration. During Time Acceleration, if DIO stops time, instead of canceling, It appears to shorten DIO's time stop.
- Unlike Dio Brando, he doesn't have any vampiric regeneration.
- DIO before the rework used to have the old design of The World for a very long time.
- DIO can go after Dio Brando or the Vampiric Minions if there is no player nearby.
Note: If you want to add more spawn rates, use the following model (only applies to the last one, which at the time of writing this was 101): 10122 + 60 + (93+1; keep adding +1 to 93) which will make 102, 10275 minutes. And again, 10275 + 60 + 94, which will make 103, and so on and so forth. Also note that 2x events, the spawntime will get halved.
Press the "expand" button to see DIO's spawn rates.
Tips and Tricks
- If DIO's Timestop is cancelled by Made in Heaven's Time Acceleration, he will be stunned infinitely until he despawns/dies. He will not attack, nor will he moves. Allowing for easy hits.
- Use OH's T move when he's at low health to finish him off quickly.
- DIO recently got a rework and it was made harder to solo.
- You also can solo DIO with use Arrow or Rokakaka Fruit when DIO barrages you. That makes DIO barrage forever and you won't take any damage from him.
- Although DIO's Timestop can be canceled by GER's ability, DIO will Timestop more often and might not get affected by GER's ability. This is because GER's ability has a 25-second cooldown.
- To cancel the second Timestop that won't be affected by GER's ability is possible because you can have an MIH as your partner to use TA to cancel it.
- If many people are in the server DIO will have enough time to use his third Timestop which is usually a road roller. This can be very deadly to get hit by.
- By the time DIO uses his third Timestop, GER will most likely have its ability ready to counter the Timestop. You won't be able to do much while he is doing the road roller animation so its best to snipe it with ranged attacks. (According to Vampiric The World's road roller, their hitbox is usually at the seat of the road roller)
- DIO's walk speed has increased from the rework so it's really hard to dodge its barrage. If you are trying to solo it or you are in a group, it's best to bring water with you. You can get water from the vampire minions. (If you want to keep the water while in GER, drop the water on the ground by pressing delete then use b to have water ready when needed)
- Having a player standing on the edge of the leaves of a tree will keep DIO distracted. In that time span, use OH's barrage and normal click to damage DIO. If he isn't low, Do not use any high knockback moves unless it is a finisher.
- With Gold Experience (NOT requiem), you can freeze DIO until he despawns or dies. To do this, you need to lower your health, then use the 7 Page Muda barrage on DIO and reset immediately. This trick is so useful it'll most likely be fixed any time soon. (Note, after August 16th, this is no longer applicable, as the 7 Page Muda has been removed from the game for the foreseeable future)
- Using The Hand's Legs Erasure (The Hand's F move) can stun DIO for 8 seconds. Use this time to beat up DIO, and especially will help others beat up DIO too.
- If you’re in a crowd, don’t use Whitesnake's Stand Disc Steal (F move), as you may disable others. Similar to Silver Chariot’s R and 3rd LMB.
- Gold Experience Requiem and Over Heavens are good for this due to their strong rush. Same with Sticky Fingers and Crazy Diamond because of it’s passive.
- Try to have dummies, you can heal off of them if you’re low on HP.
- If you have multiple Gold Experience Requiems and bunch up, make sure all of them try to kill DIO. They can easily kill him.
- If you have Gold Experience Requiem and two Gold Experience Requiem friends you can use the F move while the other two are in the barrage range of DIO. Since you can still attack while under the effects of the move, all three Gold Experience Requiems will be able to barrage him at the same time while he is down. If it doesn’t kill him, you can just have the other two use their F move and repeat the process. (This is recommended in a private server as DIO will have too much health in a public server, even if all three of you use the move).
- If you see Gold Experience Requiems and Over Heavens about to barrage DIO, get back and wait for them to finish. You might end up getting killed, worst case scenario you pick up the items before dying.
- Kars' barrage is a good backup against DIO due to the speed of it. But Kars' health decreases insanely fast when being barraged by DIO, also you have to touch DIO's body to attack him, which makes more weaknesses for Kars. Same with Sticky Fingers (Because of the passive and low dura).
- When waiting for DIO, don't use Timestop, even if he hasn't spawned, as it will delay his spawn time.
- If you’re in a crowd, try not to use ragdoll moves as you may stun others.
- Using The World (Alternate Universe)/Neo The World Alternate Universe to place 10 traps in front of the coffin can deal as much as 500 - 700 damage to him.
- During a fight with DIO he tends to be very strong, A good way to diverge his attacks or just him, in general, is by using Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap's, "Summon Clones", technique, DIO will move towards the clones and attack them. This move is very risky and could have dangerous side effects, use it correctly and it works well.
- If you are going to farm DIO, it is highly recommended to do so in a private server, because in a public server, DIO will have too much health and other players can steal DIO's drops, or someone with a drop could die and lose the item if they don't bank it in time.
- Since DIO no longer moves in stopped time, it is best to use a The World: Over Heaven or Star Platinum: Over Heaven if nobody has Gold Experience Requiem.
- If you're using Kars or Santana, try to get up close and barrage while circling his side. This usually reduces the amount of damage you take by a considerable amount.
- You can solo DIO using Santana if you're lucky and skilled enough.
- Over heaven barrages do not push DIO back, meaning that most or the entirety of the barrage gets ignored. Use a dummy or object to space him far enough back to get hit, or preferably, have another player take the aggro so you can effectively use your barrage.
- Having a player go on the coffin can help majorly in doing damage and preventing damage from DIO, preferably, it's someone who can use cursor-aimed ranged attacks (Spin, HG and The Emperor)
- Time is an important aspect in killing DIO, so try and avoid wasting it by high-KB moves, holding off on barrage, killing essential damage dealers, etc.
- You can solo DIO using Tusk ACT4. Use V+H twice on DIO, barrage him and he will die. It's even better if you have 2 Tusk ACT4 users.
- If both DIO and Funny Valentine spawn, you can make them fight each other since both are designed to be hostile therefore attacking everybody they see
- When DIO is at 10%, Over Heaven's T does 160 damage to him. In a full server, it deals up to 450 damage. (maybe it will change in the future)
- DIO used to hide in a cave, now he hides inside his coffin.
- DIO used to drop the last attack when he died which some times killed the player or the players that grabbed the stuff since the update 1.9.8. This won't be a problem anymore since you can store items. So if you are fast enough, you can save them before dying.
- DIO used to spawn every hour with a 1/4 chance on the old map but was later change to be a guaranteed spawn.
- DIO used to spawn in the middle of the PvP arena in the old map.
- DIO’s older spawn used to be at the cave.
- DIO is no longer the only boss in the game, with the addition of Funny Valentine, Dio Brando, and his Vampiric Minions, which can be found in the Sewers. However, this is the ONLY boss that drops a Camera or a Diary.
- There has been a growing movement to re-balance DIO, as many players feel that many people lack the skills to kill him or get a low enough health pool.
- The effect and voice line don’t play if you use Return to Zero on DIO. You won’t teleport behind him. However, you will still deal damage. (This refers to old Gold Experience Requiem move).
- DIO can be delayed by TS for up to 10 minutes and maybe even more.
- For celebrating the milestone of 100 million visits for the game, DIO's spawn time was cut in half to thirty minutes.
- When you're close enough to his coffin, "menacing", particles can be seen coming from his coffin.
- The latest version has a pot on one of its corners, hinting that Tom might be in there (The pot is now removed).
- There was a glitch to fling DIO out of the map with C-Moon using Gravity Punch, but this was later patched.
- There was a glitch that DIO spawned around 2-7 minutes and he didn't despawn, making people able to kill DIO easily since he couldn't despawn. However, the glitch was later patched.
- DIO is currently the strongest boss in the game.
- There used to be a sign at the DIO coffin saying, "Bruh", but as of now, it has been removed.
- The fallen meteor was located next to DIO’s spawn area before the map changed
- DIO is a really important NPC in the game when it comes to drops.
- DIO is mostly known for dropping the infamous Camera, with a 1/10 (10%) chance. Using the camera on VTW (Vampiric The World) will grant you with STW. (Shadow the World) There are no other uses for a Camera other than VTW.
- DIO was found talking to the Void Walker (Eldritch Horror) during the 6/14/2020 event.
- On 6/23/2020, the discord server showed sneak-peeks of DIO rework.
- DIO will not be able to move in timestop when it got reworked.
- DIO rework in the sneak-peek confirmed that DIO can use Road Roller (At low health) and knives as long range attacks.
- The best way to kill DIO is to get one other friend and make sure you both have GER. A friend could freeze DIO with GE and if you have died, the friend will continue to fight DIO with GER. You don't want too many strangers , because they might hog the items, kill you so they can get the items or TS so they can kill you and get the items.
- DIO got a rework on 7/17/2020. He can now throw knife, donut players, uses road roller and dashes, too. (See the moveset for more information). His stand model also gets changed to the current model of The World instead of the old one.
- Wamuu used to one-shot DIO easily with his G move. Now it can't. Instead, it will take 15% of DIO's health away. (450 HP)
- When the player is near him as he spawns, a message box attributed to him will appear at the bottom of your screen and say "WRYYY" or "Kono DIO Da!"
- You can solo DIO with Spin by standing on top of a lamp near where Funny Valentine spawns and spamming steel balls at him.
- If DIO and Funny Valentine spawn at the same time, and meet up with each other (which isn't very common), they will fight each other. Often times, DIO will end up dealing a lot of damage to FV to the point of triggering Love Train.
- Using Gold Experience, If you use requiem while DIO is barraging you, it will freeze him in that state, leaving him unable to damage you, Allowing you to be able to deal great damage with no repercussions. (May be removed as it could be seen as a bug)
- You can also solo DIO with Tusk Act 4. Make sure you are holding V + Y, and spam T at DIO's head. However, you must lower him by at least 200 HP for this to work. If done correctly, this will instantly kill DIO. (Try doing this in a private server. This way, you can get the drops.)